Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yorick. How to...?

Creator: Darcurse March 1, 2012 3:29pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 10:46am | Report
Yorick will beat anyone in a long drawn out war of attrition.

Until his mana bar runs out, THEN HE ****SUCKNOOB!

And of course then there's always the Tryndamere and Akali approach. NNNRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH ur ded ja ja.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 11:32am | Report
The instant charge 100 -> 0 nuke is one thing, not many champs can actually pull that off below 6 though.
But how the heck should you kill him without having a "Hurr Durr, you're dead!"?

Drain his mana.
How?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 11:40am | Report
There's plenty of champs than can Drain Yorick's mana bar o_O

Tryn, Cho, Trundle, etc.

It doesn't matter when you kill him. It's fine if you have to wait till 6, I don't want to keep repeating this x_x;

Akali loses a lot of lanes and then wins then at 6. Irelia loses even more lanes and then wins them at 7-9. Same thing.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 12:30pm | Report
Galio might be able to survive Yorick, but anyone running early MR runepage can do this. Galio will not outfarm Yorick or take control over the lane. I honestly suggest a champ that can just straight out kill Yorick with Ignite. Tryndamere works. Just because you can take harassment, doesn't mean he won't sustain your damage. Just bring MASSIVE dps to top and have yourself a grand game.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:08pm | Report
How about Udyr? Turtle to negate q-proc and phoenix to get rid of ghouls? Add a tigerproc and ouch?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 5:02pm | Report

Galio might be able to survive Yorick, but anyone running early MR runepage can do this. Galio will not outfarm Yorick or take control over the lane. I honestly suggest a champ that can just straight out kill Yorick with Ignite. Tryndamere works. Just because you can take harassment, doesn't mean he won't sustain your damage. Just bring MASSIVE dps to top and have yourself a grand game.

I think you underestimate Galio if you say that, I've played against him as Yorick. The only way to survive is to constantly heal up on minions, and avoid going too aggressive. Galio can deny you creeps, and if you attack him with your E, which will normally be leveled up first, he negates most your healing.
There is no victory without humility.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 3:01pm | Report

I think you underestimate Galio if you say that, I've played against him as Yorick. The only way to survive is to constantly heal up on minions, and avoid going too aggressive. Galio can deny you creeps, and if you attack him with your E, which will normally be leveled up first, he negates most your healing.

I enjoy how you think this setback effects my farming at all. If I can't kill you I will focus on becoming better utility to my team than you in midgame. I'll race you for farm! Buy wards and shove you under tower, or force you oom otherwise.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 4:11pm | Report
We should do a Galio vs Yorick once, see how it ventures. I don't see how Yorick can shove Galio anywhere, if Galio buys lots of magic resist. He will have the damage and the survivability advantage, and he can heal up on Yorick's ghost with his W.

I simply don't see how Yorick can win. Oh right, there is one way; Galio has not control over his mana and goes OOM right away. That's not gonna happen on a good Galio, and a bad one can get Clarity if he's all that bad at doing it :P

However, since 1 vs 1's don't prove anything, you may as well be right on the utility part. I simply state that Galio can deny Yorick from dominating top lane, like he usually does.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 5:07pm | Report
Riven is real good vs him.
Poke him alot, shield his stuff, make him waste mana and eventually kill him.
Yorick is very vulnerable to high-dmg laners, especially at lvl 6 when you get your ult.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 9:56pm | Report
Riven? Please! I know she got gapclosers like heck, but he can still just move a little way back and kick her *** with harass. Riven also has no sustain, so it's really no point in trying.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide