Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yorick. How to...?

Creator: Darcurse March 1, 2012 3:29pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:09am | Report
I'm surprised you guys aren't really talking about wick. He arguably has the best sustain in game and his Q dishes a stupid amount of damage and when he's 6, he eats everyone alive.

Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:12am | Report
Because Yorick can outrange Warwick. A 400 range Q is not enough to get close to Yorick to finish him off. Heal on minions? Yorick denies you.

Haven't tried WW with full MR page though, maybe someone should do that once against Yorick. Simply put, it's hard to outdamage Yorick because he lays down his ghosts so he gains damage reduction from his passive. He can then trade blows with you any day, and end up on top.

Galio is still the best counter-pick to Yorick.
There is no victory without humility.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:12am | Report
Quoted:

Lvl 5 irelia using exhaust can and will outdamage yorick.
Don't tell me but exhaust cuz irelia haz dar true-damages.

Heal ignite yorick gonna **** your **** up. Not hard for yorick to kite irelia when she exhaust any way.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:20am | Report

Because Yorick can outrange Warwick. A 400 range Q is not enough to get close to Yorick to finish him off. Heal on minions? Yorick denies you.

Haven't tried WW with full MR page though, maybe someone should do that once against Yorick. Simply put, it's hard to outdamage Yorick because he lays down his ghosts so he gains damage reduction from his passive. He can then trade blows with you any day, and end up on top.

Galio is still the best counter-pick to Yorick.

Finally some one smart around here.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:32am | Report

Heal ignite yorick gonna **** your **** up. Not hard for yorick to kite irelia when she exhaust any way.

ohh.. u playing heal-ignite :o
Most of yoricks i play against do flash ignite.
not hard for yorick to kite u what, u heard about ghost oO? Exhaust oO?
I honestly haven't played against a yorick since 1300 elo. So i wouldn't really know how much of a pain a good one is.
I'm just making the assumption that his damage after ghoul-spam isn't really that strong, so if u harrass him when his ghouls are on cd he wouldn't be a biggie
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:54am | Report
^ His passive. If he has 4 ghosts out, he gets 20% damage increase on his autoattacks, and received 20% less damage. + 35% of his attack damage dealt from each of his ghosts.

35% * 4 = 140% (from each ghost)
100% + 20% = 120% (from Yorick's basic attack + passive)

140% + 120% = 260%.

This means, on top of the damage from spawning the ghosts, every time Yorick and his ghosts hit you one time each, 260% of his attack damage is transferred to pain. Meaning a 160% bonus attack damage apart from his normal basic attack. This is 60% more effective than a crit, and the same effectiveness as if Yorick was critting with an Infinity Edge and crit damage masteries.

He is one scary champion indeed.

Of course the armor you get counts for every time they hit, so it won't be quite as effective as one real crit, but it will still deal tons of damage.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:01am | Report
I'm talking about a level 5 full engage on him when his ghouls are just used against u, when he's about to pop them u exhaust him, and u have 30 true damage each hit(which his passive helps nothing against) also are u gonna be neglecting a lot of his damage with your runes
(Armour seals, armour quints, don't know if scaling or flat mr glyphs)

Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:03am | Report
You said 30 true damage? Read above ^^
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:17am | Report
I'm gonna be having roughly 50 armour and mr (at the least.) this means ur damage is 130% i'm gonna exhaust u, let's just for the hell of it say this reduces ur damage by around 40% which makes it; 78%(yes i can figure it out additively here) Ur example is highly overexagerated imo.

I'm irelia. u're gonna be having roughly 50 armour(50% of my damage is then neglected, now u have 40% of this damage reduced. bimbalabum) I'm gonna be doing 30% of my base damage on abilities AND i do have 30 true-damage. I also have a stun.

This equation is figured from the perspective ur ghouls are gonna be up for the entire duration of the fight.

PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:20am | Report
If you have a stun, that would be counting in you start off with less health. Add in me running with heal and ignite would mean you would not stand a chance. And remember his Red ghoul will heal on each hit.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide