Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Yorick. How to...?

Creator: Darcurse March 1, 2012 3:29pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:21am | Report
I will heal on each hit, i would go in with slightly less health than u due to waiting for u to harrass me with ghouls.

But i wouldn't try it if yorick was running heal-ignite.. That would just be stupid :p
i wouldn't even engage on a heal-ignite eve.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:26am | Report

Because Yorick can outrange Warwick. A 400 range Q is not enough to get close to Yorick to finish him off. Heal on minions? Yorick denies you.

Haven't tried WW with full MR page though, maybe someone should do that once against Yorick. Simply put, it's hard to outdamage Yorick because he lays down his ghosts so he gains damage reduction from his passive. He can then trade blows with you any day, and end up on top.

So you basically answered for me since you haven't tried a MR page wick lol. Also, Chalice is really underrated on Warwick. The MR and Mana Regen is real strong. I lane against plenty of Yoricks on US as WW and don't really feel problems after Chalice and before that, it's not even terrible -- even against aggressive Yorick's. Gotta go balls deep son

Heal ignite yorick gonna **** your **** up. Not hard for yorick to kite irelia when she exhaust any way.

Heal Ignite top is usually bad because you're asking to get camped/dove. Junglers and good players PUNISH top for running something like that.

Edit: Had to emphasize the PUNISH

PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:44am | Report
Thing is with yorick. He doesn't care if he get ganked. He will kill the jungler outright. You should play with me when i play yorick. People on skype tell me to care but i am just:

"**** that ****, if he ganks i will kill them both". And guess what, that is exactly what i do.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 3:49am | Report
Damn you Potatis, now you made me want to play Yorick again...

Don't thing i played him since he was released...
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 5:32am | Report
Ironically enough I agree with Potatis

Yorick is insane
Literally beats the **** out of almost everyone I've seen. Polse you may think that Irelia would be awesome against Yorick but Yorick will eat you up
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 9:10am | Report
Hell broke loose....

@Polse you talk about it like you're the only one using SS in the whole game... that true dmg of Irelia is nuttin' you'll deal more dmg with your basic attacks and therefore he can also deny most of your dmg using Exhaust or he can just outdmg you easily with Ignite....

Not to mention... you can use 35% Ghost? He can slow u for 10% and buff his MS for 15% without using any summoner spell at all and while he's on the run he'll still deal lots of dmg.

@MR idea:
Even while you reduce somewhat his harass/lifesteal it wont help you in close combat, so it may work on Galilo more or less but that's not sth you should do in general.

IMO Yorick is totally devestating early and drops the moment team fights become a necessity, since his ghouls easily become victims to AoE aimed at the crowd etc.
But that doesnt matter thx to the early domination.

The best thing to work against him would be a champ that has the upper hand fighting him melee and some skill that instantly drops any of his ghouls the moment they're spawned ...
J4 maybe? Keep your Flagstrike to finish his ghoul army and use some other means to get close to him.. (which should be somehow impossible....)
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 9:28am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

some skill that instantly drops any of his ghouls the moment they're spawned ...

Nunu & Willump? AS/MS debuff and Consume off ghouls? Blood boil jungler when he ganks?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 9:54am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Nunu & Willump? AS/MS debuff and Consume off ghouls? Blood boil jungler when he ganks?

I doubt he does enough damage. Nunu has a great poke, but anyone with any sustain makes him pretty much useless in a fight.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 10:04am | Report
This is dumb lol.

It's not complex, run out his mana bar and sustain, or full to zero him instantly.

Those are your two options, there are only two.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 10:14am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

This is dumb lol.

It's not complex, run out his mana bar and sustain, or full to zero him instantly.

Those are your two options, there are only two.

holy **** finally someone else understands. Yorick blows tons of mana even with mp5. If Yorick can 1v2 top lane 100% Yorick versus two 100% champions, that would be hotfix nerfed so fast like Shen's nerfs. Also if you somehow miraculously kill one person in the process of you getting ganked, you still lose gold wise. You get one kill while they get kill + assist.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide