Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Yorick. How to...?

Creator: Darcurse March 1, 2012 3:29pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 12:43am | Report
No other hero in this game can dish out comparable damage to him. Once he hits level 2, he will stomp the lane.

And maybe no one have discovered him in high elo yet? It have happend before. See Eve and cassio for examples.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 12:48am | Report
Eve? What?

Also, Yorick's late game damage is pretty mediocre and his overall DPS isn't that high. It's his harass and sustain that make him a strong laner and his ultimate that makes him a strong team fighter. Pick almost any other tanky DPS top laner and they'd probably have more DPS.

I'd say in theory any champion with a strong sustain ability should be able to stalemate Yorick and anyone with a lot of trade damage should be able to win the lane, or at least contest it. I'd love to see Duff's tryndamere against Yorick.

Personally I haven't seen him that much, but I've had a good amount of success against him with Wukong and Tryndamere (even when our nunu hands him blue at level 2, what an idiot). Obviously I'm not playing against the best Yoricks in the world, but he's not so ez-mode that you can blindly win all matchups.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 12:57am | Report
Yoricks late game damage is far from mediocre. His passive give him a 20% damage steriod. And that is on his passive! Couple that with a free ad carry, and you have one of the most scary damage dealers in the game. Not to mention his Q that deals **** tons of damage.

Sustain wont do **** against Yorick, i have stomped on Khazem's Cho'gath for example.

And yes he is easy mode so that you can win any matchups. I have did it with over 50 games with the bastard.

"Eve? What?"

Eve got super nerfed a while back for a reason.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 1:09am | Report
Nidalee does not work against yorick, neither AP nor AD.

Olaf also gets beat by yorick fairly soundly

Im assuming Akali would work decently if she can actually drop him from 100 to 0, but I don't suspect that will happen unless she is significantly ahead

udyr seems promising as does an irelia, but Irelia might require a wriggle's to win even with her built in sustain. Mundo could also be promising, but I'm not sure, seems pretty rough pre-6 and would most likely require a vamp scepter.
- WW might also be a decent champion to put against yorick.

However, all the champions i've listed only win by not being pushed out of lane, I suppose Shyvanna could work with some lifesteal and the ability to push him to tower, as he probably wouldn't last hit well at tower. Rumble might also work, but unsure
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 1:14am | Report

No other hero in this game can dish out comparable damage to him. Once he hits level 2, he will stomp the lane.

And maybe no one have discovered him in high elo yet? It have happend before. See Eve and cassio for examples.

Champions who can deal more damage than yorick at level 2:

Annie, Brand, Cassiopeia, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Karthus, Kog'Maw, LeBlanc, Miss Fortune, Morgana, shyvanna, Sivir, Sion, Tristana, Twitch, Xerath, Ziggs

there ya go
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 1:20am | Report
Only one here that would do comparable damage is: Cassiopeia, Shyvanna and Sion.

Would be suprised to see any one ealse here stand toe to toe with Yorick.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:02am | Report
Well my pick against yorick is Irelia

Let him harrass u until lvl 3, i'm talking about not touching him at all(unless jungler comes) just farm. When u hit lvl 3 and he blows his load on u, jump the ****ing bastard, stun his ***! get 3-4 hits on him and retreat, his ghouls will not be off cooldown yet and u won the trade. Everytime u get lower hp than him, teach him who's the ****ing ********ed boss and attack his ***! Against yorick i would prolly pick ghost exhaust, so when u know the deciding battle is there, the lane-winner! Should be around level 5'ish u ask for a cv, and kill his ***!

If u don't like the whole part of going balls deep risking dying to a jungler.
Cloth armour+5 pots
Outsustain his mana
??????
Profit!
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:05am | Report
Like irelia can out damage yorick. Bich please you have no idea what a yorick can do with your face.
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:06am | Report
Seriously, you don't know how to counter ol' Yorick? Ah well, then I guess I have to tell you.

Galio with full MR page roflstomps Yorick to the ground any day. Why, you say? Because Yorick only heals with his E from the MAGIC DAMAGE he deals. If he can't deal squat damage on you, he can't win pokes. Galio is THE counter to Yorick. Try it.

Galio can also use his W to HEAL on Yorick's ghosts if there are several of them.

Also, Yorick's only ranged spells, E and W, deals magic damage, so he has to get close to do any damage to you. Good luck trying to get close to a Galio with his Q and E maxed.
There is no victory without humility.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:07am | Report

Like irelia can out damage yorick. Bich please you have no idea what a yorick can do with your face.

Lvl 5 irelia using exhaust can and will outdamage yorick.
Don't tell me but exhaust cuz irelia haz dar true-damages.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide