Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

You are sort of able to purchase Limited...

Creator: Mooninites August 8, 2013 4:37pm
1 2 3 4 5
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2013 3:58am | Report
i didnt follow the thread untill now, is that for "legacy skins" or "limited editions" cause legacy skin can be avaiable more then once, while limited edition should be avaiable only once. Btw i like lots of limited~Limited edition skins, but i realize it would kinda suck if people lose something that make them different from other players, i mean, that they were active in certain period of lol life. I love lol, but i unfortunately knew it when season 2 was almost over, so it kinda sucks , cause if i knew lol before, at season 1 or even when in closed beta or other, i would enjoy play it since the start and could do ranks in elo system(a thing that i never could do) and participate in events or play on Winter summoner's rift ecc.. its sad for me couldnt enjoy lots of thing since lol started to live, but its that... i understood i cant as i cant play again ap yi ,which was something of really ****ing funny. Well. i hope to didnt go too much off topic xD
"Fus-Ro Dah"
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2013 4:34am | Report
What people do with their money is their business. I know it dimishes the pride of veterans but at the same time it lessens the overall envy of the community. If people have a great enough want to to shell out that kind of money then good for them. If given the chance, I would totally buy into this for a few of the skins, IF it turns out I can get away with it. So I can't really say that it's bad.

THAT BEING SAID: Fairness, or rather the lack of Fairness, is an illusion. What ever Riot decides to do is considered Fair and the community is just going to have to deal with it. If the Legacy skins stay locked away, then it isn't fair to the newer players. If the skins are released again, then it isn't fair to the veterans. It like this for champion and item balances. Nerfs and buffs are never going to fair to all parties.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2013 12:14pm | Report
If LIMITED edition skins are locked away it's no way unfair for new players.

Mowen pointed that out already on page 1.

Limited in this context means you can only get it on point of time X.

Turkish players could also have played at this point and even if they couldn't: Why should they get special treatment because of Riot's screw up, while I as european had to suffer from Riot's incompetence and get close to nothing?

That said: It is definitely fair NOT to release limited skins on a newly opened server!

Otherwise you complain about limited stuff being limited....
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2013 12:27pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

although I never use my NA account so I probably shouldn't.

hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br hue br

Sig made by Hogopogo
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Hold on. Let me try that again:

It is Riot's property. That's it. End of story. Whatever Riot decides to do with their property is by default "Fair". Just because some people might not like the decision to rerelease the limited skins should not, and probably will not, weigh on the conscience of the people in charge of that decision. The fact that some group of players will have the short end of the deal is a fact of life.

If it happens: then great! I'm going to buy them all because I have that kind of disposable income.
If not: oh ****ing well. I have a few, so I'm happy with what I have.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide