Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

You are sort of able to purchase Limited...

Creator: Mooninites August 8, 2013 4:37pm
1 2 3 4 5
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 4:37pm | Report
With the release of OCE and Turkish realms, it appears that Riot may be re-releasing limited edition skins. You would be able to purchase these skins by paying for a server transfer. Then purchasing the skin on X server and then transfering back. So all in all it will cost you like 6-7k RP. Are you okay with this?

Riot hasn't said what or if they are going to release as far as limited edition skins, but so far Candy Cane Miss Fortune, Dark Candy Fiddlesticks, and Lollipoppy have been released on the Turkish servers (so go get them if you want them).

I hate to bring up the "should limited skins go on sale again" debate, but it seems necessary as people are going to be doing this.

What are your thoughts
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 4:41pm | Report
limited edition skins should never be sold again. thats the point of being limited edition.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 4:58pm | Report
I'm not talking about re-releasing them on NA. But they are going to be released on other regions so that players there have access to them. I'm asking are you okay with players transfering to get the skin and transfering back?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Le Pro of d00m
<Member>
Le Pro of d00m's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 5:00pm | Report
Well im fine with people paying 40-50 bucks just to get a few skins. It may look really cool to other people, but on the inside you know that you paid 50 bucks just so you get some "special" pixils
Rengar guide Here! New Irelia guide Here!

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 5:37pm | Report
I don't really agree with this possibility or even the releasing the skins on the other servers... I mean like the whole reason of buying something that is limited edition is that it will be rare and impossible to get after its sale... now whoever wants Candy Cane MF and is willing to cough up some dough for it can have it, which is a bit unfair for those who legitimately bought it 3 years ago (I think). But I mean like the argument that the players in the other countries should be able to have access to them because before they couldn't, that means that they did not have a LoL account at the release of the skin. I didn't have a LoL account at the release of the skin. So why shouldn't I also have access to it (without server transfers)? You might say that I can't have access to it because I COULD have had an account at the release since there was an NA server, but aren't account transfers for those who made an account on a different server anyway?
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 5:57pm | Report
Limited edition skins are kinda meant to show "I was playing the game at x time" so I don't really think they should ever rerelease them. It doesn't make sense and kinda defeats the purpose.

That being said, tell me if the rerelease Reindeer Kog'maw because I bought Monarch instead of Reindeer while Reindeer was available AND MY REGRET IS AS BIG AS A MOUNTAIN! Still probably too much for me to pay to get it though. >.<
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 6:04pm | Report
I'd pay 50 bucks for Kitty Kat Katarina easily, although I never use my NA account so I probably shouldn't. In any case, I wouldn't mind other skins being released, since it pretty much can cost up to 1000+ to buy a limited edition skin depending on which one you want. Of course, I'm biased because I want some limited edition skins lol.

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 6:07pm | Report
do it mowen omg
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 8:44pm | Report
No, I don't think it should happen. However, despite saying this, when the Legacy skins were brought back briefly, I definitely benefited.

Sure, I feel they shouldn't re-release limited edition skins, but sure as hell gonna benefit from them if I can.

**** paying 5-6K RP for that ****, though.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 11:27pm | Report
I'd totally do it for the Football World Championship Skins, the Hockey Jax and the Red Card Kat (to finish my '*****'-Skins set D:)...

But truly, limited skins are limited for a reason. I'd totally hate it when Bewitching Nidalee goes on sale again D:
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide