Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I understand the site needs ads to exist and...

Creator: LuxIsMyCrush May 30, 2019 5:24pm
LuxIsMyCrush
<Member>
LuxIsMyCrush's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2019 5:24pm | Report
Like litereally my screen at this point is worse than if i would have the download 500 malwares, i can;t even close the one in middle that probably is the most damaging for user's experience.
I wanna just inform you my opinion first, cause I don't really want to use an adblock for this site, but i also want to see at least half of screen while scrolling or reading something.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2019 9:38am | Report
That does seem pretty annoying. I've never seen a banner ad like that before. I'm sure we'll take it down if we can, but it can be harder than you'd expect to track these kinds of ads.

Could you provide your geographic region and the device you experienced the ad on (PC or mobile)? It might help us find that particular ad.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2019 11:22am | Report
There is a possibility that's produced by something installed on your browser, malware or virus

I've never seen that bad ads in my life, so it could be worth checking your computer :P
LuxIsMyCrush
<Member>
LuxIsMyCrush's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2019 4:10pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
There is a possibility that's produced by something installed on your browser, malware or virus

I've never seen that bad ads in my life, so it could be worth checking your computer :P

I doubt it's the case, I experienced that kind of ad only on mabafire and i regulatery clean my things, I did not say there is not a possibility, but it's extremly small, and none of my antivirus found either a malware or virus (did a check right before posting).
PsiGuard wrote:
That does seem pretty annoying. I've never seen a banner ad like that before. I'm sure we'll take it down if we can, but it can be harder than you'd expect to track these kinds of ads.

Could you provide your geographic region and the device you experienced the ad on (PC or mobile)? It might help us find that particular ad.

Yeah, I use obviously a browser for PC (Google Chrome to be exactly) but about other personal details i would want to share them in dm if possible.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2019 6:25pm | Report
DM is fine, thanks.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide