Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Rules Regarding Guide Plagiarism

Creator: Matt January 28, 2012 3:03pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 2:51pm | Report
If permission is given it's always ok. The instances we're discussing is more like if permission is not given, what is acceptable.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:11pm | Report
Permission was given and you copy/linked?

PERMABAN!!!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:43pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

If permission is given it's always ok. The instances we're discussing is more like if permission is not given, what is acceptable.

I feel like their decision should be respected, I mean if they were actually serious about making a guide, then creating one themselves wouldn't be too much of a hassle. Just use Google and tons of images can be found that could be altered.

Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 9:16pm | Report
How about permission granted from a user on another site for a repost?
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:57pm | Report
If permission is granted then there is no reason to punish the author, and when it happens within MOBAFire that is easy enough to check up on, especially since the original author is usually the first to come yelling. When it's off-site, it's impossible to prove without taking the time to track down the original author ourselves and ask, which is very time consuming and often futile.

As someone said above, it is generally just common sense, but it helps to have rules defined. In the end it's always a case by case basis and you can usually tell when someone made an honest mistake vs someone that is just being a jerk.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 2:02pm | Report
All I can think of is that "Bible of LoL" guide that was completely copypasta'd from somewhere else and the person just put "my firend here made it i didnk made it ok he is nice gui" at the very end as an additional chapter.

But the above was allowed to stay.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:48am | Report
It sounds like it would be against the rules, yes. I don't recall that instance. If it's still floating around, report it.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide