Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mobafire Wiki outdated?

Creator: Fryla February 16, 2017 6:24am
Fryla
<Member>
Fryla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2017 6:24am | Report
Hey, I just had a look at the Mobafire wiki page and it seems slightly outdated to me? Also some pictures are missing/not working and the general layout of the wiki is confusing. The main page is about the minions in the game?
I don't know though, but updating seems like so much work and time when pages like the leagueoflegends wikia exist.

So basically what I was wondering is, do we still need the wiki on Mobafire?
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2017 12:36pm | Report
It's dead, Jim. They just don't know how to put it out of its misery yet, I think because people have invested a lot of time in it.

EDIT: I think it was actually getting used by guide authors around S3-4, so I'd say it's very outdated. I would recommend against using it / updating it.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 5:28pm | Report
I've also noticed the broken images. I've done a little work restoring some articles but it's quite slow going, especially when I have to replace old images with updated ones.

The wiki is pretty expansive and we largely depend on Editors, Scouts, Veterans and Mods to ensure quality and updated articles.

I do know that some people (like jhoijhoi) are pretty passionate about keeping it up, and there are some articles which are well put together and useful, so I'm not fond of the idea of scrapping it entirely.

Do you guys have any suggestions about what we (admins, devs) could do to make the wiki easier to use or update? Or do you feel that it's just not a useful feature regardless of the infrastructure?
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 5:47pm | Report
@ Fryla I started updating some of the pages a week or so ago, starting with Roles. So those should be up to date. I'll slowly start making my way through the other articles, but you're right about a lot of it being outdated. It's something I've brought up recently in the vet forums and in the suggestion thread.

The great thing about the MobaFire wiki is that you can link to it. Here's something random I just made up.

jhoijhoi wrote:
Ashe's main role is as a Marksman on Summoner's Rift . She is well known for her kiting ability. With life steal , Ashe can survive many fights, especially those against neutral jungle camps like Blue Buff and Red Buff .

^To me, this functionality is amazing and something other guide sites don't have. The issue is that in the beginning there was hype for the wiki and then after that, it petered out.

We really need a wiki like the other MobaFire sites, where champions, abilities etc are all locatable and editable on the same "network". If that was the case, the wiki articles would be kept more up to date.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide