Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Query/Suggestion] +rep cap

Creator: jhoijhoi December 12, 2013 9:49pm
Do you think this is a good idea?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 9:49pm | Report
A while back, Matt and Flash implemented a +rep threshold to prevent people from abusing the system by spam +rep'ing undeserving posts. Prior to +rep being tied to promotions, +rep "farming" wasn't really a problem.

However, today you are limited to 10 +rep per person. As a long time user of MobaFire, I have capped my +rep thresholds for numerous users, and I find it a shame that I can't show appreciation for their post through the +rep option.

My suggestion is to reset the cap every year, or six months. During the entire stay of a member on MobaFire, it can be rare to +rep someone ten times, so I can understand if this idea isn't considered "necessary". But it's just a suggestion. My query would be: how can the +rep system be improved so that this +rep restriction isn't in place?
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 2:08am | Report
I can relate to this, there are several people who make useful contributions to the site, but I can't reward them anymore. I understand that there's a limit, but I suppose giving someone 1 +rep every week would be fine too.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2013 7:09pm | Report
I can see this being annoying, but you're right that it's not a problem for many users, and even then it's not a big deal. I will mention it to Matt though and see what he thinks / if it would be easy to reset the +reps counting towards that threshold every so often.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide