Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Read] Hyper's clean-up project

Creator: hypershatter May 25, 2011 10:49pm
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:06pm | Report
When the database is updated, any champions that are effected by the patch would have their guides put on a queue of sorts and filtered into the outdated list. In the best case scenario, I would probably like to see both an email and a PM sent regarding the individuals guide.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:15pm | Report
ah, that would seem to work well Zep.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:40pm | Report
Yeah, a similar system could probably be implemented for items (and runes, and masteries of course).
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:59pm | Report

Because at a certain point, the top rated guide (assuming the champion is not new) will begin to accumulate a lot of up votes, even if it does not deserve it. This is the "sheep vote syndrome" that Jun was talking about earlier.

That, and the way that traffic works, is that people don't look up the lowest rated guides, they will stop at 50% (When the score number stops being green).

Also, a lot of people just have no concept of game mechanics, and will start a snowball on guides that are fundamentally flawed for one reason or another.

Another reason that i think there should be a "suggest for deletion" button of sorts. (Basically a thing where the mods or whoever would look at the guide and make a judgement upon it.)
Tri lane for life.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 3:04pm | Report
But I don't trust Scrax's opinion...he is 2bad :(

<3

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 5:00pm | Report
I think we need a guideline regarding voting.

When should I Up-vote?

When should I Down-vote?

When should I not vote?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 6:32pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

I think we need a guideline regarding voting.

When should I Up-vote?

When should I Down-vote?

When should I not vote?

Few people would read it, and few people who do would be influenced enough by it to actually change their voting methods.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 6:34pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

That, and the way that traffic works, is that people don't look up the lowest rated guides, they will stop at 50% (When the score number stops being green).

Also, a lot of people just have no concept of game mechanics, and will start a snowball on guides that are fundamentally flawed for one reason or another.

Another reason that i think there should be a "suggest for deletion" button of sorts. (Basically a thing where the mods or whoever would look at the guide and make a judgement upon it.)

JunSupport more or less suggested the same thing; instead of having a "veteran recommendation", it's a "see how the vets voted". So vets would just have more influence with their downvotes AND upvotes.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 6:36pm | Report
^I would support this.

However, if this were to be implemented, it would have to be under an "optional comment-to-vote" system for the vets only. When a veteran votes on a guide, he/she is prompted "Do you want to attach a comment to your vote so other users can see your reasoning?"

Then when they click on "See how the veterans voted", a box would drop down saying something like:

Jebus McAzn
Voted: -1
Reason: Poor item build in general, lack of an explanation in guide. Infinity Edge is much stronger here than Bloodthirster is...

etc, etc.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 6:48pm | Report

^I would support this.

However, if this were to be implemented, it would have to be under an "optional comment-to-vote" system for the vets only. When a veteran votes on a guide, he/she is prompted "Do you want to attach a comment to your vote so other users can see your reasoning?"

Then when they click on "See how the veterans voted", a box would drop down saying something like:

Jebus McAzn
Voted: -1
Reason: Poor item build in general, lack of an explanation in guide. Infinity Edge is much stronger here than Bloodthirster is...

etc, etc.

I would definitely like to see a combination of this with:
Zeprido wrote:

When the database is updated, any champions that are effected by the patch would have their guides put on a queue of sorts and filtered into the outdated list. In the best case scenario, I would probably like to see both an email and a PM sent regarding the individuals guide.

Would help clean up quite a bit.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide