Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Resource Guides section?

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK March 23, 2011 7:48am
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 7:48am | Report
I think there should be a section when you search for guides for "Resource Guides", such as the warding guide, searz's Rune tips guide, Mowen's new player FAQ guide, and Jebus's upcoming 5 champs u should kno how to play guide. it'll just make it easier for ppl looking for those guides to find them.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 11:17am | Report
For me, those ppl should write that kind of stuff on forums not on guides.

We have the ability of making those a sticky and highlighting them for other ppl.

I believe that anything you did there could be done on forums.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 11:30am | Report
I suppose, but, considering that they aren't on the forums, I think they should get some way to access them easier, since they are very helpful but hard to find if you don't know what champs they use to search for.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 12:19pm | Report
DEWO wrote:

We have the ability of making those a sticky and highlighting them for other ppl.

I kinda disagree - forum attendance isn't nearly as large as main site attendance, and general guides get viewed a lot more as a guide than as a thread. I would agree if the forums were visited more often, but as it is now, I think that we may need to implement a "general guide" feature like Leaguecraft's.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 5:25pm | Report
Nice idea.

Some champion guides, their "Similar builds" seciton is swamped with these guides.
That frustrates me when I'm looking for the lower/higher ranked builds to browse.

Would this end up applying to guides with 3~5 builds of the same champion as well?
I find it rare that any of these guides actually have individually strong information on each build. It ends up very condensed and summarized, like an informational "resource" for the champion rather then a straight out build.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 11:42am | Report
DEWO wrote:

I completely disagree. I tried keeping my FAQ up to date in my sticky topic on the forums. However it is SO much easier to keep it up to date with all my Q's and A's being available as chapters. Instead of having to scroll through all the text while editing one forum post, I can easily isolate sections of information for much simpler editing. It's also just much more pleasant to read and easier to insert pictures or videos rather than having a giant wall of white text on gray background...

I would love it if there was a general guides section. I would definitely prefer that instead of having people critique my champ builds in my FAQ. :P I just want the FAQ, but I tried to make the champ builds actually useful in a way since they HAD to be there...
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 2:25pm | Report
yea, I'm kind of annoyed ppl -1ed a guide titled "New Player FAQ" for the item builds >.>

Panglot
<Member>
Panglot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 3:37pm | Report
I think there should be a section when you search for guides for "Resource Guides", such as the warding guide, searz's Rune tips guide, Mowen's new player FAQ guide, and Jebus's upcoming 5 champs u should kno how to play guide. it'll just make it easier for ppl looking for those guides to find them.

I agree with that. There must be a section named lets say "misc" where people can find Guides Like the New players FAQ, my ward guide, DEWO's football team and such.

Where to place your wards? See here:

Warding Guide

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide