Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Thank you button, plain and simple.

Creator: ShiftyCake May 3, 2012 8:44pm
1 2 3
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 1:05am | Report
hmmm yes. We could implement the first thing you discussed, with the rep. I really like that idea. Maybe have (when you click +rep for a certain post) on the bottom right a number counter. So, +rep a post and it will go up 1. Like on the offical LoL site, except it would be rep and not +1

The +1 I'm not sure about though. We need something implemented to thank people for thanking you. +1 wouldn't work. So, if someone said "thanks for the story! it was really nice." I would click on thank You to show my appreciation. It would then come up with my name. +1 just doesn't seem to fit that category.

This is good though, it would mean there are two degrees of singling out a post. So, a lesser degree for a post with not as much significance. A more higher degree for a post with lots of significance.

This gives me an idea. What if we implement a way for topics themselves to be +repped. Then, when enough rep is given for that topic, it could be moved to the top of the forum part it's in permanently. maybe we could make a whole other forum posting are for that.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 2:14am | Report
^I like this idea. +reping a topic. However, it's probably not a good idea - popular topics may be +rep'd into oblivion, giving +rep to a person who *may* not deserve it.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
ShiftyCake
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 3:19am | Report
@jhoijhoi

No, +repping a topic does not +rep the topic owner. It just marks out certain topics from the usual drab ones.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 3:35am | Report
This sounds kind of like automatically stickying threads with a lot of thank yous. I'd rather that be done manually by the mods, you can always suggest a thread for stickying. Just because a discussion is popular or helpful doesn't mean it should be stickied though, I think doing this manually is better.

We also change the icon for threads that go beyond a page of replies and you can see how many pages of replies there are on the topic listing. I feel like that's a pretty quick visual indicator of where interesting discussions are happening?

If we did implement some kind of "thank you" system as discussed here, then we could probably visualize that in the forum listings as well, if it doesn't look too cluttered. Have to think about that. Beyond that, for me it is sounding like a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.
ShiftyCake
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 4:03am | Report
@ Matt

mmm...I guess. It's just people like me would never ask for a thread to be stickied. It'd just feel to...needy I guess? It's the same as I don't like asking for rep.

ahhh well, I understand you're point. It's up to you.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 4:05am | Report
Nothing wrong with suggesting that a thread be stickied. You can even just report it and say that you think it should be stickied. The mods will take a look and decide.
ShiftyCake
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 4:12am | Report
I know...it just feel so...well, it makes me feel like I'm making it out to be bigger then it is? Or something. Ahhh idk, lol.
ShiftyCake
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 4:17am | Report
hmmm....I just had an idea. Instead of +repping a thread, can't we +1 it? That would be useful, and we wouldn't have to sticky the thread after awhile to show it.

Here it is plain and simple. There is a +1 button only for threads, not posts. When you +1 it comes up on the bottom right of the thread (first post), it then comes up on the previous screen (where all the threads are displayed) how many +1 that thread has. This allows people to see what a great thread it is? how about it?
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide