Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Troll Account "DreamDream"

Creator: CoRpusCoLLoSsuM June 20, 2011 2:55pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:10am | Report
Actually, yes it is.

It is for anything you think should be reported, such as this guy thinks this behavior should be reported.

It prevents a whole useless thread like this from being created...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:44am | Report

Actually, yes it is.

It is for anything you think should be reported, such as this guy thinks this behavior should be reported.

It prevents a whole useless thread like this from being created...

The report button isn't there to be used to "report troll votes".
Tri lane for life.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:46am | Report
And the forums isn't here to hang people out...

If anything the maker of this topic shuld get reported...

It is NOT ok to post a topic like this...
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:47am | Report
@Tem It shouldn't be, because reports on troll votes won't do anything usually, but there is still an option to if someone really feels like they want to report.

You can report ANYTHING. The mods just glance over the "trolling" ones that they always get but it is still there, so threads like this aren't created...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:54am | Report
Ok to end this. Nothing that he did on this account is against the rules. Not that we encourage ppl to downvote everything that moves. Each downvote has an "explanation" and it is not even the same one over and over again. Nevertheless i asked for an IP inspection for this account to check if it isnt an account for "downvoting".

Apart from that, mods cant do anything about this particular user.

Also if you find a behavior that offends you please use the Report function instead of creating a new topic on the forums. It is the fastest way for us (mods/admins) to notice the issue and deal with it.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM
<Member>
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 8:51am | Report
Thanks for responding to my original post. As a matter of fact, I looked for the report button and couldn't find it-- that's my mistake (I'm BLIND!). Additionally, obviously enough people care about this topic for it to not be a USELESS post, and it's even more absurd to say that 'I' should be reported for making a post like this. Sharing a case with the community that could potentially be valid should be totally fine on the forum. My only worry is that this account was created by someone with another account to only downvote others (maybe in hopes of raising his other account's status).

I agree that some of the posts were reasonable by this guy... but ones where he votes down an AD TF build saying, "I like Wild Cards" is a little unreasonable. One downvote that isn't available on his history is one where he voted -1 on a build and said "tl:dr" or too long, didn't read. That is ridiculous!

Anyway, I'm not trying to just "hang this guy out to dry" without good reason. The posts on his history aren't even as bad as some that have cleared from that history. Maybe he's getting better! :P

One last thing, I was harsh saying that this guy "is clearly a troll" --that's totally uncool. I retract that statement, but I did think his account should be looked at. If I've fouled in any way, I'm sorry!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 9:33am | Report

and it's even more absurd to say that 'I' should be reported for making a post like this.

Does defamation and insulting ring a bell? Cause that's what you did.
Name n' Shame threads should be against the rules!
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM
<Member>
CoRpusCoLLoSsuM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:02pm | Report
What can I say other than I'm sorry for that. Apparently I'm more of a criminal than someone that posts "-1 , tl:dr" on a build. You can't deny that THAT particular vote defames that author's build (by lowering it's score) for a terrible reason, that shouldn't apply to a vote. He downvoted it, and gave the reasoning "I didn't read it".

I was honestly trying to help out the community, but I guess I just tied my own noose instead. Am I seriously being torn down for that? I suppose that your comment "Does defamation and insulting ring a bell? Cause that's what you did." is in no way insulting or defaming...

Like I said, I really am sorry for insulting DreamDream, but I thought that "-1 tl:dr" was good enough reason to present him to the community. MY MISTAKE! :P
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:06pm | Report
ITT - Everyone being overly harsh to a new member.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 12:11pm | Report
Can't have new members going around insulting people...

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide