Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is my flex que rank showing on my Guide and...

Creator: Agoney January 26, 2017 12:46pm
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2017 10:16pm | Report
wait so flex challenger which is probably the equivalent of platinum/d5 in BIG western regions (na/euw) can be advertised as challenger for guides on mobafire if you choose to grind that instead of soloq? you've got to be joking.

the rank 1 flex player on NA is gold 3 in soloq. challenger soloq players on smaller regions are like d3 level on bigger servers, and now you're taking flex challenger as well? oce flex challenger is probably ****ing GOLD level on bigger servers, and im not even trying to exaggerate. this is an actual joke. nobody gives a flying **** about flex. we're over a month into the season and there arent even 100 players in flex challenger on NA yet, let alone ****ing 200. jp/russian server probably have even LESS. you should really REALLY reconsider this if you want high elo tags on guides to be legitimate at all. im pretty ****ing sure i could hit flex challenger on a smaller server playing ap riven.

at the very least, you should add an indicator stating which queue they have the rank in, and what region. its actually cancer that some random russian challenger flex queue player can denote his guide as challenger, when hes legitimately 10x worse than a soloq challenger player on euw or na. the level of play in each queue isn't comparable in the slightest. i'm sorry if im sounding overly dramatic, but this **** is a joke.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2017 10:25pm | Report
oce flex challenger is legitimately gold/platinum level on bigger servers. this is an actual joke. you should really REALLY reconsider this if you want high elo tags on guides to be legitimate at all. im pretty ****ing sure i could hit flex challenger on a smaller server playing ap riven.

Please join OCE servers and get Challenger via flex queue playing AP Riven. It'll be worth it. I'd even level an account to 30 for you so you can prove how worthless OCE ranks are 8D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2017 10:44pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Please join OCE servers and get Challenger via flex queue playing AP Riven. It'll be worth it. I'd even level an account to 30 for you so you can prove how worthless OCE ranks are 8D

if i had the time id take you up on it for sure.

but being serious, this is not ok if you want the high elo tag to be legitimate at all. sucks to all the people who play flex primarily, but their queue is a joke, and that's simply the truth. i already saw the post about re-verifying to get my proper rank to show again, but that isn't what bothers me. if you want to verify people from any server, and you want the high elo tag to stay legitimate, you can't allow flex ranks.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2017 11:12pm | Report
I think that ranks are legitimate per server. If you are Challenger on OCE, it means you're better than all the other OCE players. Challenger doesn't mean better than ALL the other players in the world - just better than those you're playing against, on that server.

So if an author gets Challenger on OCE or EU or NA or whatever, they deserve that rank because they are better than everyone else on that particular server.

Until Riot starts ranking servers against each other, I think it's silly to be annoyed that someone in OCE got Challenger because you perceive it to be easier. Therefore, stamping an OCE Challenger player with an OCE tag just seems petty.

Flex is an entirely different issue. If it is truly as bad as you say, perhaps MobaFire should only run off Solo Queue.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2017 4:25am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Flex is an entirely different issue. If it is truly as bad as you say, perhaps MobaFire should only run off Solo Queue.

Seconded
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2017 9:15am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
I think that ranks are legitimate per server. If you are Challenger on OCE, it means you're better than all the other OCE players. Challenger doesn't mean better than ALL the other players in the world - just better than those you're playing against, on that server.

So if an author gets Challenger on OCE or EU or NA or whatever, they deserve that rank because they are better than everyone else on that particular server.

Until Riot starts ranking servers against each other, I think it's silly to be annoyed that someone in OCE got Challenger because you perceive it to be easier. Therefore, stamping an OCE Challenger player with an OCE tag just seems petty.

I think verifying other servers is fine. It isn't right to punish people for having the best ping on a less populated server. I get this.

The problem is, these servers are already less populated and competitive than other servers, and flex is a joke on big servers too. I can't even imagine how bad it is on smaller servers.
FSat
<Member>
FSat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2017 2:04pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
^Yep, please do that and see if it fixes the problem. The system should be verifying your top rank between the two queues, but there was a glitch when it was pushed out. It should be working now if you re-verify.

Also moved this thread to Site Support.

I confirm that system to have worked for me, thank you everyone :)
FSat
Agoney
<Editor>
Agoney's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2017 5:49pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

It's not perceived to be easier, it flat out is easier. The pool of players is just worse there compared to other regions. And that goes for every region as well, you can just straight up compare them. For example, I may be diamond in NA but I would likely be hard stuck in plat over in Korea. If you're a plat player looking for a plat or higher level guide, you're not going to get much out of a plat OCE guide because that level of play is akin to an elo bellow your own on your server. I think HexDefender is WAY over exaggeration but his point is legitimate if you boil it down to the base elements. Obviously OCE is not full of vegetative players who are so unskilled that a level 7 NA player could beat them 1 handed with AP riven, that's just ridiculous. But would a challenger NA player obliterate a challenger OCE player? Without a doubt.
Hi everyone! After a long hiatus I just wrote a massive Vayne guide. If I reviewed one of your guides, I would really appreciate it if you checked out my Vayne guide and gave me some feed back.

Vayne's Final Hour: An Epik Nice Super-In-Depth Vayne Guide
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2017 6:08pm | Report
We'll talk more about flex internally, but personally I don't see us just shoving the queue under the rug. You might not think much of a challenger flex player, but that doesn't mean that the rank is meaningless. I can understand your frustration that ranks from both queues are presented the same way, though. Maybe we can pursue a visual distinction that shows which queue the rank was achieved in.

Same thing for regions. At most we could maybe add some indicator as to which region a rank was achieved in, but I don't really think that's necessary. If you as a reader care enough about where the author gained their rank, you can just click their profile and find out.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2017 8:35pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
We'll talk more about flex internally, but personally I don't see us just shoving the queue under the rug. You might not think much of a challenger flex player, but that doesn't mean that the rank is meaningless. I can understand your frustration that ranks from both queues are presented the same way, though. Maybe we can pursue a visual distinction that shows which queue the rank was achieved in.

Same thing for regions. At most we could maybe add some indicator as to which region a rank was achieved in, but I don't really think that's necessary. If you as a reader care enough about where the author gained their rank, you can just click their profile and find out.

the rank 1 flex player on na is ****ing gold 3 in solo, and was gold last season as well. 3 of the top 10 flex players in NA were plat or lower this season and and last season, and NA is one of the bigger servers as well, when compared to ru and oce and the like. flex queue is just not a good indicator of skill.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide