Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Good Build Guides for a former CB tester?

Creator: MakoSt0rM May 15, 2011 6:32pm
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2011 11:57pm | Report
Crit plays champions like Leblanc. Good early game, absolute **** mid/late game. She can't push towers. You're telling me you don't know what wins games.

Kills? Lolno. Towers. Any good player knows when to backdoor and to push a lane. I carry kids as Nid in ranked by backdooring. Even if they're feeding the enemy team to hell. This is a message to everyone, don't wanna sound mean, but if you think this game is all about kills, stay in normals. Stay away from ranked games. We don't need people with that mentality there. Learn to play the game right and then come. You'll be a better player.

In the end, main key words: Good Player

Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 12:16am | Report

Aside from that, I agree with you to a certain extent, Xaioli. If you're playing someone as mobile as Nidalee, backdooring is a breeze. Less so if you're playing Kog'maw, or some other horrendously immobile and easy-to-kill champion. But the fact is that you can carry the game in some way regardless of what you're playing.
Janna can easily support stupid teammates and turn the fight to their favor.
Poppy can roflpwn their carry, leaving a big dent in the enemy team's damage.
Any jungler can devout themselves to counter-jungling the enemy jungler, and starve him from XP and gold, assuming you as the jungler is somewhat item-independent.

The list goes on, and on.

But sometimes, you get up with teams that you just can't carry. If you're playing Shen, and people are too stupid to bait fights, or don't know what an AOE Taunt is, you're dead.

Any champion can give your team (your horrible, horrible team) a large advantage which will help them come out on top, as long as you know how to play your champion.
Or they can completely ignore the large advantage they have (or not exploit it properly) and cost you the game.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 12:21am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Crit plays champions like Leblanc. Good early game, absolute **** mid/late game. She can't push towers. You're telling me you don't know what wins games.

Kills? Lolno. Towers. Any good player knows when to backdoor and to push a lane. I carry kids as Nid in ranked by backdooring. Even if they're feeding the enemy team to hell. This is a message to everyone, don't wanna sound mean, but if you think this game is all about kills, stay in normals. Stay away from ranked games. We don't need people with that mentality there. Learn to play the game right and then come. You'll be a better player.

In the end, main key words: Good Player

Think about it. If your team is bad, and you're incredibly good, and the other team is still very good, you won't win without some luck. No matter how skilled you are, an enemy team worse than you but with a 700 gold advantage 5 minutes in cannot be underestimated. I just recently played a game as Lee Sin in 0 ELO (haven't played 10 ranked games yet) where the other team was terrible except for their TF who got 10 tower kills and a terrible K/D ratio. The rest of his team never pushed, so TF just died. We ended up winning since we could just kill TF using teleport to some wards we placed for the cause, mow down the rest of his team, and take a tower or two. This wasn't TF's fault at all.

Recently, I carried hard as Lee Sin in ranked. 15/4/11 with 5 tower kills. Still lost due to 2 leavers. Nobody can carry two leavers.

I'm not saying I'm good. I'm really not very good compared to you at least, but what I'm saying is that being good doesn't mean you're going to win every solo queue game. Bad teammates are an extreme disadvantage.

EDIT: Nidalee is one of the better backdooring champions due to her incredible escaping capabilities. We can't all be Nidalee every game.. She actually gets banned a lot at 0 ELO to be honest lol. Nobody plays Amumu/Shen half-decently here anyway.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 12:28am | Report
hey xaioli

it does revolve around kills

just not "hahaha i killed you 40 times but didnt end the game"
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 1:05am | Report
@Lazukin if you are unranked you are queued in 1200 ELO, not 0 :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 8:48am | Report
@ Jet - SUICIDE KARTHUS, IM NEVER DEAD. l0l. PUSH TOWERS ALL DAY ERR' DAY.

To everyone else: Yes, I do agree that there will be feeders and leavers to an extent. However, most of the time, people feed/leave out of rage and frustration. You've really got to tryhard early game and be that 'guardian angel' to save them from it before they do perform those actions. Also, Ranked MMR isn't bad. It's not going to place 5 good people and give you 4 ****ty people. 99% of the time, if you've got a feeder, the enemy team has got a feeder also. It's just that they have a 'guardian angel' saving everyone.

Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 10:21am | Report
So you're saying we should rush GA? Genius. :0
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 10:46pm | Report
no lol. but in all seriousness, if you protect baddies, they can't feed. :o

aka, tryhard, winlane, lol thanks bro
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 11:27pm | Report
Endless elo hell debate is endless...

Towards the topic, I'd like to point out you have 3 junglers in your lineup, and it's very hard to jungle at low levels because you don't have appropriate runes / masteries. You might want to check out Warwick if you want to jungle because he's one of the best junglers without good runes / masteries.

I don't actually know any of your champs very well though so I can't help you with builds. :(

For jungle yi I usually go wriggles > boots > brutalizer > stark's > youmuu's > infinity edge or something like that, the top guide for yi helped me a lot figuring out a route / build.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2011 4:58pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

no lol. but in all seriousness, if you protect baddies, they can't feed. :o

aka, tryhard, winlane, lol thanks bro

Generally, my team isn't bad, they just troll. I've had 2 games with trolls and 2 games with leavers where I lost and then won 2 games, one of which where I carried and the other where I got carried XD

It's just impossible to win a game where two of your teammates go 0/30 just to piss you off.

*Glares at ***eater and ***guzler*

^ Their names XD

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide