Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

If you were going to learn 1 or 2 junglers....

Creator: CrazyMBP July 24, 2012 7:27pm
1 2 3 4
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 3:47pm | Report
DwTs wrote:

Lee sin for sure.He is one of the greatest junglers and he has very good ganks in early.Also if you build him assasin you will have some good mid and end game.

I think his ganks are just on the "ok" side. There's a ton of champs that can resist his distance pressure (when he wants to be close enough to slow so you won't dodge Q), so it's always K. For that kind of gap closing, I always prefer high CC tanky junglers
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 4:23pm | Report
LOOOOL LEE SIN WILL NEVER HAVE A GOOD LATE GAME UNLESS YOU ARE FED AS BALLS PLAYING AGAINST 200 ELO KIDS
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
gero yamaza
<Member>
gero yamaza's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 10:36pm | Report
Every jungler in the game has their own set of pros and cons when it comes to their play styles, clear times, ganking capabilities, etc etc. My suggestion for a beginning jungler is find a champion that can scale into the late game well no matter the situation, because as of recent I have seen the meta shifting to a late game stand point, where people (even when they can win) will farm to end game builds for security reasons, so if a push goes south it doesn't mean the game was cost. But it also goes more in-depth to the fact that you need to find out the playstyle that you like as a jungler in general.

The list that I'm about to type out isn't focusing on the top lane aspect of what you are looking for mind you, but I hope it helps anyways. I won't list every jungle that fits the category, but just give a couple examples that come to my mind when I think of that type (Also, before people tear into what I'm saying with these jungles, I'm not saying that that is the only thing that jungler can do, it's just an example of that type of playstyle that works):

Gank Heavy Junglers (jungles that accelerate with gank potential):
    Alistar
    Lee Sin
    Maokai
    Nocturne

Passive Junglers (Junglers that play into the late game well and focus more on farming the jungle):
    Amumu
    Nautalis
    Malphite
    Olaf

Counter Junglers (Junglers that you aim to shut down the enemy jungler with):
    Nunu
    Shyvana
    Udyr

Personally, my core junglers that I like to work with are built in a tankier format that allows you to still be viable in end game team fights.

My Personal List of Favorite Junglers:
    Alistar
    Amumu
    Maokai
    Malphite
    Nocturne
    Nautalis
    Darius
    Cho'gath
    Jax
    Shyvana

Hope that was able to help in some way, shape, or form. Happy jungling :)
Thank you Arcana for the Signatures!
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it." - Sanity Complex
Now offering mentoring on the following:Jungling/Tanking/Solo Top/AP Mid.
Recently added to training offer:Champion specific training (How to play and how to build).
For more information on how to obtain lessons and times, visit my mentoring forum.
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 7:04am | Report
Nautilus relies heavily on his ganks o_o they r amazing and he needs a lot of gold to do his job properly .
And olaf falls off late game so...
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
TotHeMax
<Member>
TotHeMax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 1:10pm | Report
If you want some cheap ones that do well and are easy to play, I would say Amumu, Dr. Mundo, Warwick, or Malphite. If you just want to have fun with it, I would try Soraka =P

To be god: Pick Nunu & Willump, haven't lost as him yet(yes I have, but before I actually looked up builds and even further before I made mine) He has crazy sustain, A FREE SMITE THAT HEALS, crazy damage if build AP jungle not support tank(hes still tankish with AP), and infinite slows to help shut down the carries and gank better.
Cliptonik
<Member>
Cliptonik's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 10:53am | Report
Shen is by far my Fav jungler, Smite Flash, your ganks are OP!
Blze001
<Member>
Blze001's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2012 7:10am | Report
Morgana jungle? Don't laugh, I did it once... not exactly ideal for the position, I must admit.

But yeah, Nunu and Shyvana are great jungler characters.
MysticalZelda
<Member>
MysticalZelda's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2012 12:16pm | Report
Warwick, start Long Sword, just jungle without trouble. Once you have Frozen Mallet, Wit's End and a few tanky items you just carry and kill everyone.

Orianna The Full Metal Lady - Teemo - Super Teemo - Akali - The Balance of Full AP

Thanks to Arcana3 for the sig :D!

If I helped you in any way, please don't forget to +rep :)
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide