Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New player?

Creator: cDgWombo August 22, 2011 6:53am
7 posts - page 1 of 1
cDgWombo
<Member>
cDgWombo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 6:53am | Report
Ok so i'm semi new to the game i'm level 22 almost level 23 and i'v been following guides, but I want to be able to just build my char while playing and not have to switch and see what i need, whats a good way to understand a hero you play as and know whats good to get for them?

Other questions.
*What are good runes to get *Tier3* that all heros would use? I know they say to get it on the type of hero you use the most, but I'm not quite sure of my style yet since I play with all the style expect for mage based types, I don't know why I used to, but I feel like they die to fast and aren't fun to play as.

If anyone wants to help me with anything that would be great.

P.S. How long would I have to wait till my stream gets posted up? I posted the info on the thread for it, but no answer yet?
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:53am | Report
Funny you should ask actually, I just published a guide exactly for people who want to understand items more, check the link in my sig *not advertising*

as for runes, arpen marks, mpen marks, flat armor seals, CDR glyphs, flat AP glyphs, health quints, movespeed quints. Get those first, as that's pretty versatiles for pretty much any character in the game.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 5:27pm | Report
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist, Greater Glyph of Magic Resist and Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power are cheaper and better on more champions than CDR and flat AP glyphs. Since you don't play mages, I recommend MR glyphs.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with theBMB. Check out Searz' rune guide for more help with runes.

Be sure to check out theBMB's item guide if you want more insight into item choices. Other than that, look up guides until you have enough experience to make your own decisions. Item picks take some practice and experimentation.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
TheAP
<Member>
TheAP's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2011 3:37pm | Report
crd quints armor seals flat ad marks and flat ap glyps a little bit of eveything so your good no matter what
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2011 4:40pm | Report
You have to know the champion. Mages generally get some items alike, like RoA, Rabadons. With time you'll learn how to know what you need depending on the situation.

idk much about runes, but I got armor + MR + MPen + HP regen since my main is Morde and I'm too lazy to buy more runes, so every champ uses them.
Maphis
<Member>
Maphis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2011 8:10pm | Report
For the champs you play get armpen reds, now they are useful for the type of champ you play now and will be useful in case you ever go jungle!
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2011 11:13am | Report
cDgWombo wrote:

i'v been following guides, but I want to be able to just build my char while playing and not have to switch and see what i need

If you REALLY read GUIDES (not builds), they EXPLAIN their choices so this means you can apply knowledge on certain items to certain champions. For an example, "I get mercury boots because I get targeted a lot and need the crowd-control reduction." You can apply this knowledge on champions with the similar situation.

Otherwise, to find out what your champion needs and ask yourself questions for an example, does he/she have good ratios? and what does it scale on ad or ap? Usually if they scale on ad and it scales really well, they might get more attack damage than attack speed. Then it comes to experimenting to find out which items you like.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide