Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New player support

Creator: Meejibi November 17, 2021 6:58pm
Meejibi
<Member>
Meejibi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2021 6:58pm | Report
Hi, I'm a new player currently at level 11 and I have played a few bot and pvp games already. I mainly play Lulu and I think I will end up with my main role as support. Everytime there is a 5v5 or even 3v3 situation I tend to get nervous and end up spamming keys. I know as a support that's really detrimental to my gameplay as well as to the rest of the team and I'm not sure how to fix this. Any tips or advice would really help thx
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2021 12:35am | Report
The first thing to try and avoid is simply not to spam all your keys, there isn't really an easy trick for this, it's just a habit you'll have to try and get out of on your own.

Instead, try to imagine what abilities you have and when and why you would theoretically use them. For example Lulu (your current main as far as I know) has a few abilities that do different things.

Your Q, Glitterlance is for poke, you use it to poke down enemies so theoretically you could spam it in teamfights so long as it doesn't spend all your mana or put you in danger.

W, Whimsy has 2 functions, you can either cast it on an ally or yourself to give them or you more attack speed during a fight, an example where this ability is really good is in conjunction with an adc such as Kog'Maw (adcs that are very attack speed heavy). On the other hand you could also cast it onto an enemy to polymorph them, which makes them useless and unable to do anything for a few seconds. The choice really is yours here but I'd recommend polymorphing either a key carry on the team (someone who is fed, or someone who can threaten to kill your own adc) or to polymorph an enemy that's trying to kill your team's carry.

E, Help, Pix! also has 2 functions, much like your W. Using it on an enemy will put your Pix onto them, which means you can cast your Q afterwards to send 2 glitterlances instead of the usual 1, also a poking ability. Casting it on yourself or an ally will give you or them a shield. Choice here is depending on when you'd need the ability the most. If an ally or your key carry for every fight is in danger, shield them, if not, you could poke.

R, Wild Growth is pretty much as it sounds, it makes whoever you cast it on (or yourself) bigger in size, gives them bonus health, knocks enemies away etc. This is the last resort ability you should use, what I mean by this is you should only use this if an ally (or yourself) is about to die and you cannot do anything else to save them or yourself.

Hope it helps!
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Meejibi
<Member>
Meejibi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2021 8:05pm | Report
Wow! Yeah, thinking of it like that helps! I probably just need to take a few breaths before engaging in a team fight too. Thanks for the advice!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide