Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Season 4 jungle help

Creator: exirtadorri November 29, 2013 2:39pm
1 2
exirtadorri
<Member>
exirtadorri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2013 2:39pm | Report
Of all the roles, i'd say my worst is jungle. I just can't seem to get it down....or if my jungle is good then my counter jungle is terrible. I could really use some help/advice.

I have seen the little maps with paths, and movies...I just can't seem to let people get wrecked in lane...so it's like I do a clear and then try a gank. Am I doing this wrong or what?
Admiral Tr4p
<Member>
Admiral Tr4p's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2013 8:14pm | Report
Jungeling is alot about intuition and some luck. You need to be aware of whats happening on every lane. But most important, you need to be patient.

A good way to start, is by trying to make a routine for yourself in the beginning.

Like for example:
    Allways start blue, smiteless pull
    Then move to the new monster, smite it
    Then go do wraights
    Then go do red, smite it.

Now you should be lvl 3, and you´ll have both buffs standing at red, so:

Look mid, is mid pushed? Can you gank her? If youre not sure, go to the mid bush and wait, see if she gives you the opportunity to gank her by making a mistake or simply going to far out.

If nothing happens, or you can see straight away that nothing is going to happen mid, go bot, repeat. Nothing bot? Go mid again, do some camps, go top.

Jungeling is all about looking for opportunities to gank, there is no straight answer on how to jungle.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2013 8:18pm | Report

Like for example:
    Allways start blue, smiteless pull
    Then move to the new monster, smite it
    Then go do wraights
    Then go do red, smite it.

What? Why?

Smite blue/red, go to wolves, do red/blue, you're level 3 right then. No reason to do more camps than you have to if you just want to level 3 gank.
True love is found only in yourself.
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2013 8:43pm | Report
^ Can't you smite the second buff now with the reduced smite cd? (What I read on reddit)
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2013 8:55pm | Report
Slow junglers, yes. Fast junglers, don't know.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2013 9:00pm | Report
Yeah, you can smite each buff.

To OP: jungling is a lot about practice, like laning, you start knowing what's the usual routes for other junglers, you start to look at the map, etc.

There's small knowledge you can stack that helps you jungle better, like paying attention to where the laners were missing at the start often can reveal where the enemy jungler started, which might also hint to where he'll gank (since many do the level 3 gank. If the enemy laner ganked you can countergank if close, gank another lane if far or take jungle creeps from him if ganking isn't an option. If drag is up and enemy jungler ganked top you might consider ganking bot or solo'ing dragon if you can check for wards beforehand, etc.

Also, never blame yourself for your laners getting dumpstered, unless you gave unnecessary kills or have 0 presence when you could have some
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2013 11:34pm | Report
drakon136 wrote:

Slow junglers, yes. Fast junglers, don't know.

Fast junglers just go buff-camp-camp-buff. Or just buff-camp-buff still. You don't waste a lot of time really.
True love is found only in yourself.
EzEon
<Member>
EzEon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 4:12pm | Report
Jungle help really... Well .... I am not a pro or anything but I have been maining jungle ever playing league over. I will assume you have the correct runes and masteries and get right into. As a jungle you basically playing a game of chess with the enemy jungler if you say are against a lee sin or shyvana chances are they will start red so depending on which side of the map you are start with the same buff they are starting so that you can position your self to counter gank them or just protect your lane if you champion is weaker than they are in season 4 SMITE EARLY when you starting later on you will have to smite a bit later for drake and baron or when you think they have vision but always smite early as the cd has been reduced and always get wraiths no matter what always get them they give a lot of exp this season so if you somehow are behind get your wraiths and try to counter jungler their wraiths safely ofcourse. Save a ward for their the enemy jungler wraiths or blue depending on which buff they start with or where you think they will most likely gank and i will use lee sin again he starts most of the time red so you ward the wraiths and as an extra precaution the tri brush or the river. Another thing about season 4 is that the creeps jungle Minions REALLY hurt so unless you are someone like trundle shyvana lee sin basically champions who have either fast clears or some sustain its a must to buy gold items however as you rush for your gold item make sure its the right item for your champion and the right item for the GAME AND think about boots sometime getting boots can be a lot better than your gold items especially on ganking champions like jarvan zac naut etc 2nd boots early is pretty beastly if you know how to fully use you kit in a gank because you know free kill most of the time , now about the game i meant that lets say your elise she is a squashy jungler but if you know how to play her ( q w r q w then let the spiderlings tank damage and attack again) you wont take a lot of damage elise can be built with either ancient golem or that other spell vamp item anyway most time syou will really want ancient golem However if your winning then get the offensive item. Everything about season 4 is very very situational You have to be aware of what is happening everywhere and use that information in a way that will make you and your team excel thats all there is to it.
Inquisitor_Kane
<Member>
Inquisitor_Kane's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 10:57pm | Report
In S4, you should always rush your Spirit item for gold generation.

As for smite - you smite first buff, do mini camp, then smite second buff, then gank. After that you may farm a little (if you still have not enough gold to go base and get spirit stone, boots, wards and health potion) and go shopping.

And don't worry, when I started jungling, I was confused. I was running up and down, being useless, ganking at the worst moments or coming just when my laner got killed (or killed the enemy), and most of all, I was called all the usual names, from being useless to ******ed :D

Watch some pros jungling on YouTube, then try to repeat what they did and soon oyu will get an idea what to do.

I suck at jungling myself, but when I compare it with my first tryouts... I'm a bit better now :)

EDIT: Last but not least - do not jungle with dead or non-jungling champions. Forgett about Warwick, Fiddlesticks (only pros can jungle him), Jax, Riven or Nasus (his range was nerfed, his ult was nerfed and can't stack Q properly in jungle).

If you want to have easier way to learn jungle, I recommend to pick up Jarvan IV, Shyvana or Vi. Xin Zhao is still viable but nowadays I feel he is not so good, Lee Sin and Elise are also very good but needs skill.
I thank myself for this awesome sig!!!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2014 12:28am | Report

EDIT: Last but not least - do not jungle with dead or non-jungling champions. Forgett about Warwick, Fiddlesticks (only pros can jungle him), Jax, Riven or Nasus (his range was nerfed, his ult was nerfed and can't stack Q properly in jungle).

I don't understand why you list these ones specifically and not the "weaker" junglers like Nautilus, Sejuani and Maokai.

All of the "dead" junglers are fine to play. They just take a little more finesse. And Warwick is super safe in the jungle. Doesn't even matter if he gets invaded, and he gets a decent amount of gold for tanky items with the new jungle items. The Spirit Stone changes also really help his mana problems. I see no reason not to jungle them.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide