Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smart casting.. should I use it? Do you?

Creator: Knee June 26, 2011 2:39am
1 2 3 4 5 6
Knee
<Member>
Knee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 2:39am | Report
Pretty much what the title says. I dont know if most people use smart casting or not. I'm recently getting into LoL and when I get into a game I get into it hardcore. Therefore, I want to know all of the little tricks and tips that good players use. Smart casting is one that I can't decide on. Also, any other tips would be awesome.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:56am | Report

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:26pm | Report
I don't like answering in links.

But yes, I smartcast (started about a week ago) and LOVE it. It's just so much faster reactionwise.

For some reason though I can't alt+W/E anymore to self-cast.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:37pm | Report
Let's look at a character like Mordekaiser.

Q? It's already smart cast.

W, you want to either self cast with alt+w, and you benefit from casting W at max range on allies.

Your E is situational.

You want to smart cast E when you are in melee range, but you want to target E when you aren't (Until you are extremely confident of it's range.)

On a character with no AoE spells, such as Ryze, or a character like Cassiopea or Urgot, where every second counts, then smart casting is invaluable.

My fried uses smart casting exclusively on Annie and Le Blanc. (It's really nice on combo characters.)
Tri lane for life.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:40pm | Report
I use it for Kat.
Shunpo throw ult. Makes it super fast and late game allows you to just hop them like leap frog and mow them down.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:44pm | Report
I smart-cast almost anything. Maining Morgana and Janna kind of does that to you :P
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:51pm | Report
I literally smartcast on every character now, although for some reason I'm sucking with smartcast on Kog'maw.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:54pm | Report
Recently I've been playing a LOT of Annie and it's extremely helpful to just set Q, W, E, and R to automatically smartcast. When you need to instantly get 2-3 spells off on a person in as short of a span as possible, you save a lot of time by smartcasting.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:56pm | Report
Lazukin wrote:

I literally smartcast on every character now, although for some reason I'm sucking with smartcast on Kog'maw.

You have to learn the range on Q and R really, otherwise, it lets you E them a lot more effectively, and it gets more R's off, so your damage output is going to be higher.
Tri lane for life.
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 3:59pm | Report
Wow I feel stupid. Meant Cho, not Kog. Cho's W just seems.... Slow to go off.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide