Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smart casting.. should I use it? Do you?

Creator: Knee June 26, 2011 2:39am
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 4:00pm | Report
Lazukin wrote:

Wow I feel stupid. Meant Cho, not Kog. Cho's W just seems.... Slow to go off.

Yeah, scream is a lot like Morde's E in that it actually has a cast time.

It casts in like a half a second or something.

It's rather slow if they barely get into range :/
Tri lane for life.
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 4:04pm | Report
Ohhh. Strange that I never noticed it with smartcast off.

Got a quadrakill in ARAM with cho yesterday with Q and R, and W failed me for the penta. :(

EDIT: Anyone else find it funny that, after Cho screams, instead of the target losing their hearing, they lose their voice. XD

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 4:22pm | Report
I smart cast skillshots where it doesn't matter when they hit as long as they do and Kass' ult.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 9:04pm | Report
can someone specify what smart casting is? I've heard the term before and I probably do it, but I'm not completely sure.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 9:14pm | Report
It's like Karthus' Q or Cassiopeia's Q. It casts the spell right when you hit the key with no click required.
True love is found only in yourself.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 10:04pm | Report
Yea, you can set it in options, default is shift + key I believe

so instead of for Ezreal's Q for instance, clicking Q, then clicking on the screen to aim/shoot it, it would automatically go towards where your pointer is.

Usually I just use it on skillshot champs, other abilities I actually like to click on my target xD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 10:19pm | Report
O i see, that actually sounds really useful, but does it work on abilities that require a target? If smart casting is an option i wonder why they decided to make karthus and cass's q default to smart cast. Is there even a way to change it so that those spells don't smart cast by default?
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 10:24pm | Report

Recently I've been playing a LOT of Annie and it's extremely helpful to just set Q, W, E, and R to automatically smartcast. When you need to instantly get 2-3 spells off on a person in as short of a span as possible, you save a lot of time by smartcasting.

I actually don't recommend AoE abilities to be on smartcast.

I've been using smartcast for easily 100 - 200 games, and I've experimented heavily with it.

AoE abilities are SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult to land on smart cast; this is mostly because AoE abilities take a good amount of leading the enemy and making sure all enemies present are hit. Additionally, it's harder to get perfectly in range with AoE. So I suggest you take W and R off of smartcast, they're more efficient without it.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 10:26pm | Report
^because those spells go wherever your mouse is...they don't need a line from you to target.

and yes, just hover your mouse over said target and gg

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Goregasm
<Member>
Goregasm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 5:30am | Report
I smartcast with all champions, but keep the regular casts on Shift+QWERDF. My reasoning is, if you want to take the time to line up a skillshot or try to capture something in an AoE, then you take the time to hold Shift while doing so. It's worked well for me so far, especially with combo champions like Annie, Veigar and ESPECIALLY Ryze (QRQEQWQ for glory). As Annie with Flash + Ignite, it's just so fantastic to hold your cursor over them, and hit FRQWD and kill them.

The only danger is that if you press the key and you're still stuck in the animation for the previous cast, the command will not go through. So, if I press Q+W on a target really quickly as Ryze, the Q will go through, but because he's in the middle of casting Q, the W doesn't go through or get "queued" or anything). So just make sure to space your abilities out.

Also, you will need practice aiming your skillshots with smarcasts, as they can be tricky, but you've always got Shift+QWER for careful aim.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide