Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smart casting.. should I use it? Do you?

Creator: Knee June 26, 2011 2:39am
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 2:35pm | Report
Geckoman wrote:

Its up to you whether you need it or not. Depending on you who play, for instance I play Orianna and have smart cast for everything except her q. This is because I need positioning on the ball. Overall, its a preference and you should use it to get your spells off faster.

Q is probably the most important thing to smartcast on Orianna.

Smartcasting W or R doesn't make a difference at all. It's the same as just regularly casting it.

Smartcasting E may save an ally's life half a second sooner, so that's good.

But your Q needs to be on smartcast because it's so micro-intensive. Double-clicking every time you use your Q is just too tedious.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 2:57pm | Report

Q is probably the most important thing to smartcast on Orianna.

Smartcasting W or R doesn't make a difference at all. It's the same as just regularly casting it.

Smartcasting E may save an ally's life half a second sooner, so that's good.

But your Q needs to be on smartcast because it's so micro-intensive. Double-clicking every time you use your Q is just too tedious.

I never smartcast AoE abilities. Why? Because if my enemy is running backwards, I can lead them with my ability and actually hit them. Moreover, AoEs are easier to mess up the range and just screw up the ability in general, since you have to deal with 2 separate ranges. So I don't recommend smartcasting Orianna's Q, just because one day you might NEED to land that ability but you can't lead the enemy or you aren't in range to cast the ability but you could've hit with just the edge of the ability ;_;
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Vaellen
<Member>
Vaellen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 3:18pm | Report
I smartcast some spells on different champions, mostly not all.

Like when I play Brand, I smartcast Q, E, R but leave Pillar as normal cast cause the range is kind of tricky and I need to see the AoE ring.

But E + Q smartcasted on Brand is just instastun.

I full smartcast with Ezreal and I smartcast any spells that work like flash on champions.

Jax's Q, smartcast.

Mostly you want to leave AoE spells with range normal cast. Brand - W, Mordekaiser - E, Nasus - E, etc.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 5:07pm | Report
I just started smart casting, really boosted my gameplay.

REALLY.

Really.

reallY

Worth it.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
xIPainIx
<Member>
xIPainIx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 4:53am | Report
Been maining orianna for awhile and smartcasting your Q gets your combo down so much faster its ridiculous and E is always nice to shield a teammate fast. I can imagine its the same for other champs(increasing speed in getting combos, etc)
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide