Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

soraka

Creator: Six Nails August 26, 2011 7:26pm
17 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 2:06pm | Report
Dont be bad, sums up the basis for not getting your *** whooped by any champ. Or learn how to jungle and avoid the annoying lanes all togehter.
Six Nails
<Member>
Six Nails's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 3:06pm | Report
so unbeatable. if soraka is playing just get a leave or a 20 min gg. ill do it
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 11:30am | Report
Six Nails wrote:

so unbeatable. if soraka is playing just get a leave or a 20 min gg. ill do it

That mindset is the mark of a bad player. You know how many games I've been in that seemed a for sure loss, but were turned around by one team fight in our favor? Or a quick baron and push? No matter how bad it looks, a match can be turned around. Unless you and your team are just straight bad.

Soraka is not OP. I don't think I've lost a match to a Soraka since the nerf anyways. It all boils down to how competent your team is, and how competent the Soraka and her team is.

People who say "Oh gg we lost and it's only 5min in so surrender at 20" Piss me off. I've seen quite a few nubs do that and just give up and feed while the rest of us carry to victory.

If you want to get better, don't surrender. Play every game out to the end. It gives you more practice with champions, more experience, and more judgement on when to do what. When to back off. When to push. When to Baron. When to chase. When to do anything and how you do it. It's all things only learned through experience, and a lot of long games.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 11:57am | Report
As a Soraka player:

Stuns, Supresses, & Silences **** me up.

if you can get hard CC in Soraka's lane do it.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 11:06pm | Report
If you can get in some good harrass on her, that helps too. If you're constantly poking her in laning phase, she'll be forced to skill her heal earlier to compensate. That means less weaker starcalls and infuses.

And like Nameless said, hard CC is the way to go, especially if you can chain it up during a harrass. Try to silence or stun her before attacking so she can't get the armor buff on her heal.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 6:44am | Report
I love when people cry about Soraka being OP.
You realize before her nerf, if played like this, she still dominated a lane?

Soraka is -not- OP right now. She has no mobility sans Flash. If you can close the gasp on her she's dead. If you play passively against her then it's your fault for not being agro enough and losing your lane.

Riot wanted support champions to be played more aggressively. They also wanted the game to be more fast paced. They did that, and Soraka is a good example. A lot of people are still used to the passive meta game that bored me to death, and as such don't know how to respond to a champiion you need to actually attack.
Six Nails
<Member>
Six Nails's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 4:10pm | Report
hey all thanks for the help but i solved the problem.

in a not so nice way jeffy said "don't be bad" and it turns out that is exactly what it was.

When i posted this i played i think 4 games in a row against a soraka, and lost terribly to her.

turns out that it was just a friend of mine being terrible. in solo que i don't have much issue with her.

Im a really aggressive player and soraka kept killing me (with her ap champ laning partner) and my friend just watched.

had he helped me focus, it probably would have been better.

But even though some ppl's advice was kinda hurtful for the most part your all right.

Also that attitude comment by ultimatehavok is true.

i was just infuriated that day and no one on the forums were helping. so if anyone else reads this take his advice :).
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide