Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What more can I do?

Creator: Ixtellor June 29, 2015 11:48am
16 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2015 11:48am | Report
Here is a typical game of mine. I have no clue on earth how to carry all these teams.
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1870964257/34798764?tab=stats

Did more damage than anyone on my team inspite of building full tank.
Gave my mid first blood. Gave my ADC 2 kills before level 5.
Took the most damage, made the most gold, did nothing but peel for my carries... pressured lanes to get people off my lanes... nothing worked.

I can't solve the ****ing riddle of how I can play soo much better I can carry. Not sure WTF I'm doing wrong that my team can't snowball.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2015 1:25pm | Report
It can be hard to carry as a full tank. It's not impossible but you do rely on your teammates a little bit more than average. Just keep that in mind.

If all your deaths were in team fights doing the most you could, I wouldn't worry about this game too much. Especially when you're still learning, you have to be prepared to lose roughly half your games. You don't need to win every game to climb (though you should try to) because you should be able to win any games where your teammates play decently. It looks like this Draven got huge and your team didn't have enough damage to make good use of how strong you were. Unless you could shut Draven down early game, there might not have been much you could do.

If you can recall some big mistakes you made in the game (dying for free, misplaying a gank, misusing Flash, stuff like that), try to identify what caused the mistake and what you can do to play better. Even if you didn't "throw" this game, the accumulation of small mistakes can have a big impact on some of your future games.

Also try building Turbo Chemtank on Volibear, it's a very strong item.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2015 2:17pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Also try building Turbo Chemtank on Volibear, it's a very strong item.

This. I'd go as far as saying Voli is useless without it as second item.

Besides that, I think you could've done a much better job as (de-)warding as a jungler. Enemy Jarvan placed 9 more wards than you and also cleared one more. You only got one pink as well which is really meh. Red trinket is kinda mandatory on junglers, you either have to buy wards manually or get a sightstone (which is perfectly viable on all tanky supports).

Now it probably wouldn't have won you the game, but better vision control as a jungler is clearly something you can work on, purely judging this match.
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2015 11:37am | Report
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1872042969/34798764?tab=stats

Another loss. I warded 2nd most on my team (support warded more) destoryed the enemy jungler, and gave my team the first 4 kills including first blood.

When it comes to warding, its hard to ward when you are trapped in your base. So if I have to spend a lot of time fighting super minons in my base, I think thats part of the explanation of why my ward score is low.

How do you make your ADC actually auto attack people if they refuse to?
I have asked nicely in chat and it doesnt work, they just run around dying all the time no matter how much I peel.

I added Righteous Glory to my build, it seems ok. But its not winning me games.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2015 12:23pm | Report
So first things first, you have to realize a couple of things:

1) A match history doesn't mean a thing to me. I can point out a couple of obvious flaws in either your build or warding pattern, but it doesn't mean much else. I was spectating a silver friend some time ago in a game where he went 20-5-25 and still lost. Guess what? The loss was still largely his fault. I can't judge how you died and how much you actually contributed to your team.

2) If you get ahead like you do (as you personally said "destroyed the enemy jungler", you have to push that advantage in some ways. Whether that's through superb vision control (which you obviously didn't do, given you placed only 10 wards total), objective control or items. If you're snowballing on a champion like Udyr, you should get some damage items instead of going full tank, especially for solo queue.

3) You cannot make other people play better, only yourself.

4) You will lose some games in which you did well. You will also win some games in which you did poor. That's how a team game works. It happens everywhere, you just gotta deal with it.
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2015 12:33pm | Report
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1872072558/34798764?tab=overview

Another loss.

Now this was a 4v5, because that would be the 9th DC on my team in 38 games. (2 on the other team)

Ok, I need to ward more, I can imporve on that for sure.

I suppose I am greatly confused why I continue to out damage my carries. I thought the whole point of ranks is that you would be grouped with people of the same skill level.

Its been a hella bad 2 days, lost 250 LP now.

FYI, I never go for kills, I always take objectives over kills --- the kills just come because the people I am up against are bad and its easy to kill them. I still having cracked the code of dominating my position, yet turning that into consistant wins.

In order of what I try to do:
1) Take objectives.
2) Create Lane pressure.
3) Get CS
4)Try to snowball other lanes.

Things I don't do:
1) Chase kills.
2) Go Ham.
3) Feed my enemy.

I would give anything to have a poor game and win anyway.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2015 12:55pm | Report
well going for kills is fine if you can turn that into an objective, I assume you are doing that anyway but I will mention it nonetheless.

Also out of curiosity how do you rate objectives? (even including jungle buffs)

I myself may not be able to help much since i am silver, I know the game decently but i definitely don't apply my knowledge as well as i should. But me asking this may give someone else better info to help you out a bit.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2015 1:44pm | Report
@Ixtellor

This whole thread and your attitude makes seem like you're just waiting for us to say "yeah man you're actually a better playing than the rest of the scrubs at your rating, it must be really bad for you stuck in whatever-rating-you-are".

You have over 200 games on Udyr and only a meagre 52% winrate and 2.6 KDA. That's terrible.

As much as I understand the frustrating feeling of playing well and losing, from this only it's clear that you're not any better than your rating suggests. Since you clearly don't know what you're doing wrong, either have someone analyse replays or do that yourself. I can do this for you; record a game, upload it to youtube and send it to me.
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2015 7:32am | Report
@Vynertje

I am frustrated because I can't carry bad teams. (50% of your teams are bad, 50% are good --- thats the odds). (Had 9 DC's on my 'good' teams this month which has been hellish)

My KDA on Udyr is low because I go for objectives. I have had many many deaths in the enemy base taking out an Inhib in exchange for the death. Also, I build him super tanky so I can frontline and peel for carries.

Why do I do this, because good players told me that objectives are more important than kills. I used to have insane games on Kassadin with TONS of kills, and while he did get me out of bronze, I couldn't carry any further than silver 1 with just kills.

@RottedApples

Inhib > Tower > Baron > Dragon > Kills > Buffs

I have read a lot that early dragons aren't worth it and that you lose too much cs,gold,exp if you do it too early now so I tend not to worry about the first dragon anymore, and focus more on snowballling lanes.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2015 7:59am | Report
Yes but if you're just here to vent your frustration, use the QQ thread.

Also, mathematically speaking, the odds of you getting a bad team are smaller than your enemy having a bad team. Fact is, you're low rated. Every team you play with or against is bad. However, if you assume you have 5 good players and 5 bad players in queue (assuming you are one of the good players), the chance of you getting more bad players than the enemy is slim. That is just a statistical fact. Over a bigger sample size (50+ games), it's like a 0.something % chance that you actually got more of the bad players, and you're only fooling yourself by thinking you actually have that ****ty luck.

Yes, objectives are more important than kills. That does not forgive a bad KDA though. I'm a very objective focussed support and I have good KDA's all across the board (averaging about 4.0 on my main champions). Having a poor KDA simply cannot imply that you're very objective focussed, it means you die too often. Your statistics (6.1 deaths on average per game over the most recent 20 ranked games) also back this up. A wise man (H4xdefender) once said: if you die more than 5 times in a game, you're feeding.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide