Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Which champions to buy first?

Creator: Scandaliche February 26, 2012 1:43am
1 2
Scandaliche
<Member>
Scandaliche's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 1:43am | Report
Hello everyone,

which champions should i buy first to be able to assume every role but jungler?

Thanks!!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 9:14am | Report
Just buy ones that you like honestly. Get good, and I mean really good, at playing them and you can fulfill practically any role. Other than like, AD carry Maokai or AP carry Talon. Things like that just don't work. :P

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 12:39pm | Report
Just keep experimenting with all of the free champions that are always being swapped around on the rotation. If you're very impatient, go to the champions tab in your game client and open every champions' page and click on the little video and see the small preview of each ability and etc. There's always that one champion that catches your eyes ;)
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 2:59pm | Report
Think about watching streams too, here you can see champ played from the point of view of the player.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
abzilla
<Member>
abzilla's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 4:10pm | Report
i havent bought any champs till lvl 30. i found playing the freebies was fun and quite informative to my style of play. thats how ive grown to love Teemo Ryze LeBlanc Dr. Mundo . Free champs ftw!!

Click +Rep if you thought I was helpful please! Also check out my Ryze build!
I will Ryze to the occasion... hur hur
CounterSnipe
<Member>
CounterSnipe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 10:20pm | Report
I would recommend buying Annie.
I have played her with multiple rune setups and found the only runes she needs are
1) Magic Penetration Reds
2) Ability Power Quints

If you don't have any IP for runes, that's ok too.

Annie has a very hard CC with her passive stun, and is one of the easiest mages in the game to play.
Ubernerd27
<Member>
Ubernerd27's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 10:47pm | Report
Xaioli make a good point about the free champs. You get to experiment with champs of different difficulty curves. A tip I would give is to flip through the champs page in the store and see which ones are "reccomended" because they are the cheapest IP wise, a little easier to play than others, and are all solid in game. Ashe/Annie if you like ranged, Taric is a solid tank/support, and Master Yi just pwns faces. I would start with the reccomended ones because I believe they are only 450 IP each; a couple matches and you can buy a new champ to play.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 11:03pm | Report
Ashe and Caitlyn are probably the simplest AD carries. Ashe has a very easy to use kit, but she's not quite as strong a pick, though she only costs 450 IP. Caitlyn will teach you how to abuse a range advantage and focus on positioning in fights, which is an important AD carry skill, but she costs 6300 IP.

Soraka, Taric and Sona are pretty simple supports. None of them are too expensive. Sona basically just spams her spells, taric is a stun/heal bot and soraka has a lot of strong support spells that she can use from a range. Try out each of them at some point and find one you like.

Simplest mids are probably Annie and Ryze (make sure you know how to build ryze - mana, not AP). Annie has very little mana issues, a classic AP carry kit and good range and burst. She's pretty easy to use and will teach you the basics of most mages. Ryze has zero skillshots and it quite simple to use, but is a little different than most mages. Both of them are inexpensive IP-wise, so you can probably try out both of them.

There are a lot of great solo tops (though at your level, it may be duo top). Just pick a tanky melee champion preferably with some sort of health sustain and you should be fine. Nasus is a pretty safe pick at low levels. Siphoning Strike makes last-hitting quite easy, though you have to make sure you rack up as many creep kills with it as possible so it'll deal more and more damage. Irelia also has natural sustain and a good kit, as well as a last-hitting ability ( Bladesurge).

I hope that answers your question. Trying out free champions on rotation is always a good idea and will help you figure out what types of champions you prefer as well as preparing you for the next time you face those champions on the enemy team.

And above all, if you find a champion you love and have a lot of success with, feel free to pick up that champion. There's plenty of time to buy different champions. If you find you don't like them much anymore down the road, no harm done. You'll have plenty more champions by then.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
DkSolith
<Member>
DkSolith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 7:50am | Report
I agree with PsiGuard.But on the mid section i would add Brand too except Annie and Ryze.Soraka Janna Taric and Sona are very good supporters but you can play Allistair too as a supporter.If you would like AD carry you could get either Ashe or Caitlyn or Vayne for ranged and Master Yi or Talon for meele.
Papayalord
<Member>
Papayalord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2012 9:08am | Report
I would reccomend Morgana. She is fairly easy to play and incredibly OP.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide