Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which stream would you recommend new players?

Creator: IceCreamy April 18, 2012 4:20am
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 11:25am | Report
Added scarra, adding Optimus Tom now. Thanks everyone, keep the suggestions coming ;D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
AmishBreakfast
<Member>
AmishBreakfast's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 12:18pm | Report
http://www.youtube.com/user/SovietWaffles?ob=0&feature=results_main

He doesn't stream, per se. People pay him to review their recorded games. He gives analysis and advice and they are posted on Youtube.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 4:17am | Report
Keep them coming ;D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2012 11:51pm | Report
yeah definitely scarra (maybe oddone for people wanting to jungle)
and they can check out strawhatbro.net since there will be more posts/commentaries on a weekly basis :)
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 2:45am | Report
Khazem wrote:

scarra

doesn't make a single step without explaining it to his viewers in detail

and he's also just a really good player

This. Honestly, Scarra should be the #1 on the list. Not to bash GMB and Dyrus but those guys can't be compared to Scarra when you talk about "Letting new players learn". Yeah, GMB and Dyrus might be entertaining and funny at times but unfortunately, they don't get into every little detail of actions in lane and around the map.

#2 on the list should be Odd One. I don't hate TSM but I'm not a super fan boy. Odd One is definitely a decent jungler that explains things, records timers and he shows what needs to be done for the current meta. Jungle camping top and mid is all about this meta and Odd One frequently ganks so new players can understand what to look out for when it comes to baiting from enemy solos and signs on when a jungler can gank. Although Odd One does explain things, it's not up to par with Scarra. I honestly would suggest SaintVicious but his commentary is more of just humorous jokes that even I enjoy, it's just not suitable if you were suggesting streams for someone that wants to "learn a lot about LoL".

Anyways, good luck on your guide! I honestly watch A LOT of streams when I'm not spamming Solo Queue games and those are just my picks for an "educational" stream targeting/most helpful for new players.

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 2:53am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

This. Honestly, Scarra should be the #1 on the list. Not to bash GMB and Dyrus but those guys can't be compared to Scarra when you talk about "Letting new players learn". Yeah, GMB and Dyrus might be entertaining and funny at times but unfortunately, they don't get into every little detail of actions in lane and around the map.

#2 on the list should be Odd One. I don't hate TSM but I'm not a super fan boy. Odd One is definitely a decent jungler that explains things, records timers and he shows what needs to be done for the current meta. Jungle camping top and mid is all about this meta and Odd One frequently ganks so new players can understand what to look out for when it comes to baiting from enemy solos and signs on when a jungler can gank. Although Odd One does explain things, it's not up to par with Scarra. I honestly would suggest SaintVicious but his commentary is more of just humorous jokes that even I enjoy, it's just not suitable if you were suggesting streams for someone that wants to "learn a lot about LoL".

Anyways, good luck on your guide! I honestly watch A LOT of streams when I'm not spamming Solo Queue games and those are just my picks for an "educational" stream targeting/most helpful for new players.

2. should be wingsofdeathx lol.. he is just like scarra but his streaming times are weird.. but he records games as well :P

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 3:12am | Report
koksei wrote:

2. should be wingsofdeathx lol.. he is just like scarra but his streaming times are weird.. but he records games as well :P

Wingsofdeathx talks a lot but he primarily stays in top lane. If IceCreamy is adding "If you wanna play XXX" lane, watch this guy then yeah wings would be my #2 or 3. If you're going to want to learn how to play LoL, you want to see the perspective of junglers since they ARE THE META; learning routes, timers, positions to gank in all lanes, learning when to get oracles, clear, camping. I'm definitely not taking anything away from wings and he's good, but if you're looking at the term "learning LoL" at a broad approach, learning top;mid,jungle,bot and the ways to deal/handle them is a lot better than watching a top laner cs, lane then forward ahead to late game. Again, just my 2 cents =P

Edit: forgot to add the last 2 cents sentence. Scumbag Xaioli so mean D:<
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2012 5:30am | Report
Great guys :)

Adding TheOddOne as we speak.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 9:05pm | Report
yea, like a lot of ppl said, wings.

He says like, everything he is thinking and lets people know his thought process. So helpful, especially for new players.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 9:06pm | Report
I saw him on state of the league last night but I've never actually seen his stream online yet.

Or does he stream on Twitch?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide