Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2016 Season Update - Champion Select &...

Creator: Wayne3100 November 4, 2015 10:30am
1 2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2015 10:30am | Report
Champion Select & Ranked Improvements

Check out Riot's new changes to ranked play and champion select in the coming season! Click the images for more information.

Champion Select

• Select a Primary and Secondary Role before queuing up for a game.

• Signal your intended champion picks and plan with your team before the draft begins.

• Bottom three players in the pick order each ban a champion, then picking starts.

Ranked Improvements

• Soloqueue is replaced by a Dynamic Group queue, which allows you to queue up with up to 4 friends!

• You will almost always play against a team with a similar sized group.

• High-level queue times will be reduced as the MMR range for finding a group will widen more rapidly at high ranks.

• When you're in a division lower than Gold 1, if you lose a promotional series, the next time you enter your series, you'll start with at least one win.

Learn more:

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
cronokidd313
<Member>
cronokidd313's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2015 11:00am | Report
I like that you can choose a primary and secondary now. Makes it easier on the team to know what you are trying to play I hope they Queue you with players wanting to go to the other lanes instead of the same primary lane
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2015 5:18pm | Report
I like that you can choose a primary and secondary now. Makes it easier on the team to know what you are trying to play I hope they Queue you with players wanting to go to the other lanes instead of the same primary lane

You will be assigned a role once you join a group, so you're guaranteed to get either your primary or secondary role that you select.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2015 8:20pm | Report
This dynamic queue thing looks like their most ******ed feature to date. Quite impressive actually. The reasoning for it's inclusion is brilliant as well.
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2015 10:43am | Report
Yes, because your skill in a team game totally shouldn't be judged based on your ability to function within a team. :^)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2015 1:10pm | Report
Yes, because your skill in a team game totally shouldn't be judged based on your ability to function within a team. :^)

Solo/Team qeueues have a rather different skillset and focus to succeed.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2015 3:49pm | Report
i dont see why everyone hates that you can play ranked with 4 people you know, the biggest complaints i see about ranked is that "UGH THERES ALWAYS THAT ONE RANDOM GUY THAT RUINS THE GAME!!!!" and this takes that away for the most part
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 6:15am | Report
Not rly, as you are 4 and there is still 1 left who is the others ***** then. Creates a very unhealthy ranked enviroment. "Solo Queue" is "Solo Queue" and should be "Solo" Queue.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 8:15am | Report
I think Dillbutt was talking about playing as five, not four (he said playing "with four people you know", after all). Either way, the main problem is the new setup will hardly measure individual skill. I get that it's more enjoyable for people to play with their friends (and I definitely see myself making use of the change if I'm still into League next season), but solo queue should provide a competitive environment for individuals who want to find out how they rank up against the rest of the world. Adapting to randoms (both in terms of roles/picks as well as playstyle) is part of that challenge.

DillButt64 wrote:
the biggest complaints i see about ranked is that "UGH THERES ALWAYS THAT ONE RANDOM GUY THAT RUINS THE GAME!!!!"

For the record, it should be clear that this change is catering to exactly those type of players. Incidentally, those players also tend to frequently blame teammates for their own mistakes and/or believe in the existence of elo hell. From a competitive point of view, I feel this change is a big step in the wrong direction.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2015 9:26pm | Report
I absolutely love the new Champion Select interface. There are four main phases:

1. You select your primary and secondary role (you can choose "fill" as one of your roles if you want). It will try to match you with a team that needs a player in your primary role but if one isn't found, it will try to find a team that needs your secondary role. I didn't keep strict records, but when I chose jungle/support, I probably got jungle in a 2:1 ratio.

2. When you get matched up with your team, everyone has about 40 seconds to select who they'd most like to play. This helps your team figure out possible team combinations and helps communicate to teammates about who not to ban. The enemy team does not see your choices.

3. In the banning phase, the bottom three players each get to ban one champion. No longer does a single player have to decide all of the bans for the team.

4. Then, people actually draft their champions. And, yes, you can choose a different champion than the one you selected in step 2.

I loved the new interface so much and got used to it so much that when Riot removed it from the PBE server (admittedly, there were some bugs that still needed to be worked out), I got annoyed that I had to type the usual "jungle pref, but can support" line in team chat.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide