Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Update: Soraka, the Starchild

Creator: Wayne3100 September 24, 2014 12:24pm
1 2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 12:24pm | Report

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 12:28pm | Report
NOOOOO!!! HOW DARE THEY CHANGE HER Q! >:O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Eistod
<Member>
Eistod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 12:33pm | Report
These changes don't sound good at all..
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 12:36pm | Report
So gonna make a 'Raka smurf only

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 12:50pm | Report
Third time's the charm?

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 12:51pm | Report
*Patiently waits for a lengthy thenamelessbard rant.*
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 1:22pm | Report
not much to say because they haven't said what the range on any of her skills is.

I will say this though, if Starcall doesn't have at least 1000 range, she will be virtually unplayable.

EDIT: this is because she's built to be a backline support and therefore needs the range to do such properly. Without decent range she'll just end up being a liability.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 1:57pm | Report
W seems not so important anymore and aggressive playstyle is more favorable now.
Tried few games in PBE and I'm hyped to see if it's viable enough for ranked.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 4:40pm | Report
but soraka is not an agressive support.

soraka was never an agressive support. as nameless said, soraka is THE support champion, shes supposed to stand behind her team and SUPPORT THEM.

they took away her ability to give mana to allies
they took away the armor on her heal
they took away the ability for her to heal herself
they took away her magic resist shred on q
her heal still costs mana and NOW a % of her max health
she can't heal when she's below 10% max health
her new passive is worthless
and her new e is just awful because a) silencing the carry is usually not going to do anything and b) its easy to just avoid entirely.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 4:57pm | Report
caucheka wrote:
but soraka is not an agressive support.

soraka was never an agressive support. as nameless said, soraka is THE support champion, shes supposed to stand behind her team and SUPPORT THEM.

they took away her ability to give mana to allies
they took away the armor on her heal
they took away the ability for her to heal herself
they took away her magic resist shred on q
her heal still costs mana and NOW a % of her max health
she can't heal when she's below 5% max health
her new passive is worthless
and her new e is just awful because a) silencing the carry is usually not going to do anything and b) its easy to just avoid entirely.

You're too hung up on an archaic design that was not just toxic but also doesn't fit the idea of a MOBA. Yes Soraka is no longer who she was, and that was exactly the point. They had plenty of reason to rework her and make her fit the meta more. Could they have made her less mage-y and more support-y? Maybe, but creating a healer that actually enforces player interaction is pretty tough, Nami did that sort of correctly but we don't want another Nami.

I don't agree with this design completely, but it has a lot going for it. The ultimate is definitely a lot stronger now, and fulfils a bigger role in terms of utility. The E is incredibly strong and I cannot wrap my mind around the concept of you thinking that an instant AoE silence + area denial is awful. That there is just a clear sign that you have no idea what you're talking about. The Q grants her sustain in lane, which is never a bad thing. The range on it is also pretty big, allowing her to harass from a good distance. That may not what Soraka was about, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. On the W I'm not sure yet. The fact that, in teamfights, you can simply "take the hit" by quickly healing your carry up is something that's actually really potent. In lane it has less use, but that was Riot's intent; to create more player interaction.

tl;dr Just read the post. No all joking aside; Soraka isn't who she was and she definitely isn't centred around healing allies any more. Now if that's a good or a bad thing, that's up for debate, but we can't deny that she's still the best healer in the game. Wish is extremely powerful, and while Astral Infusion drains your own health, it has an incredibly low cool down that allows you to keep your carries healthy. Complaining about the concept of her new design is one thing, but calling it bad is not the way to go about it; her new kit has far more potential than the old one, if we exclude the toxicity of it, that is.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide