Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Change Starts With You

Creator: Mowen June 21, 2012 7:24pm
1 2
Capncowbell
<Member>
Capncowbell's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 11:05am | Report
This kind of talk is probably compensating for something on the other end. It's just sad and strengthens the public perception of gamers as foul-mouthed man-children. There is report for harassment button, use it.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 3:05pm | Report
This hsould really work because one of my friends was just raped two weeks agao and she play league of legends... A LOT!! and everytime hse sees the word rape she almost immediatly quits cause some people bypass that language filter and type it like "rrape" or "rape." so this is a good idea i love Dyrus now xD
The Lost Legacy of Riot

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 10:23pm | Report

This hsould really work because one of my friends was just raped two weeks agao and she play league of legends... A LOT!! and everytime hse sees the word rape she almost immediatly quits cause some people bypass that language filter and type it like "rrape" or "rape." so this is a good idea i love Dyrus now xD

Wow... that really sucks. It's harder for people to deny that it's happening when people have stories about it though. My best wishes to her and her recovery.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Sekiranun
<Member>
Sekiranun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 12:59am | Report
Just follow the typical Asian style of facing ragers, shut up and ignore chat. They always get bored by me, since usually I never respond. :)
Myrdhale
<Member>
Myrdhale's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 8:37am | Report
Thank you I am so glad to see people talking about this. If gamers want this hobby to be taken seriously and accepted, they need to class it up a bit. Start acting like adults rather than 13 year olds.
Joey Rush
<Member>
Joey Rush's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 9:44am | Report
Usualy,people who offend are betwen 21-12 years old.I don't agree with video games owners,because when some one is offending,a 1 day ban wouldn't do anything,there should be a "need to fill" parental phone number thingy is the the registration,parents can make a differents,I was pretty much as agresive as a drunk man,but my parents fixed me up. For those older than 16,there is no hope,maybe rehab,but thats too much. I sound insane,but I'm 14 and 100% sane. xD
Thanks to DuskToGlory for the cool banner! +rep me if you think I earned it!
zjozwiak
<Member>
zjozwiak's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2012 1:00am | Report
I really wish there would be a change in the gaming community. I won't let one of my good friends on my ranked team becomes he trashes the community. For me, the best games are between respectful teams. If my team trolls, I get angry - and, obviously, if the other team trolls, I get angry. I like to think I'm not a bad player, but everyone has their good games and bad games. I hate getting yelled at whe
I have a bad one, and I know other people would, too.

Thanks to jhoihoi for the banner!
Check out my Vlad guide!
Princess Ahri
<Member>
Princess Ahri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 4:27pm | Report
I hate people talking trash, especially when it comes to racial stuffs and rape things.. How uncivilized, those type of gamers. D:
SketchyGalore
<Member>
SketchyGalore's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 4:52pm | Report
Wow, kind of awesome that all the responses to this have been positive. I'm so used to things like this being the place for people to fine-tune their ability to say things to make them the worst human beings in existence.

I can remember having a problem with this a good 13 or 14 years ago. Online gaming was just starting to pick up speed and I was enjoying the Astroids-esque shooter "Subspace". In Subspace, there was a (very dumb, thank god it didn't catch on) "feature" where you could spam the chat with messages containing the name of your last kill. One guy simply stated "X has been raped by Y". Unfortunately, just a few weeks prior, I learned that my own mother had been taken at gun point, raped, and left for dead in some random woods, a few years before I was born. Her family turned on her after the event, and the trauma became increasingly disabling for for the next 30+ years of her life. They never found out who did it. So, when I saw "X has been raped by Y" which, at the time, was kind of a new use of the phrase, I understandably flipped my lid. Remarkably, it actually lead to an open dialogue with the guy, resulting in him giving me an apology for saying it. But, times have changed a bit, haven't they?

I still refuse to use the phrase in even the most hostile of conversation. It's never funny, it's never useful or enlightening and, at its worst, it can be incredibly hurtful or offensive to those who are closely related to such events. Racial slurs, sexuality insulting slang, and sometimes just plain old profanity fall under a similar umbrella. They're giant neon signs in front of people who I know are hurting the gaming community and I regularly look at them with disgust.

All that taken into account, I actually haven't played LoL in about three or four weeks now, but I still visit this website regularly because... well, I love the game! But, work is stressful, life is stressful. The last thing I want to do at the end of the day is sit down and have nine people yelling at me with language that would get them a smack in the face if they were close enough for me to reach. I inevitably end up in a worse mood when I'm done than when I started. I hate it and if it were possible to change it, if it were possible to only play games with friendly competition, I'd play games like this so much more often.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2012 7:19pm | Report
Very insightful post Sketchy. I am also glad to see so many people that aren't frequent posters commenting on this issue, and that they're all agreeing.

Also, it sounds like joining some of our inhouse games or just logging into mobafire chat and asking for people to play games with could help your "people yelling at you" problem.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide