Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Changes to Guide Listings - Sort by Patch,...

Creator: Mowen March 23, 2018 2:37pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2018 2:37pm | Report
In our continued efforts to make our guide listings as relevant and useful to our readers as possible, we are making some changes to guide ordering and guide tags.

Sort by Patch
Guides will now be sorted first by patch, and then by score. The other sort methods will of course remain as options, but Patch will be the default sort method. It will replace the "Updated" sort, and the other sort methods will be Top Rated, and Newest.

Reforged runes, and their big changes and position shifts, have made it more important than ever to have guides updated to the current patch. We are hopeful this change will be beneficial both to readers and to authors, since authors that regularly keep their guides up to date should feel no difference, but guides that aren't updated will slowly move down the list as they get less and less relevant to the current state of the game.

As part of this update, we've adjusted the patch indicator colors to make it more clear which guides are on which patch.

Changes to Guide Character Requirements
After some checking we have decided to lower the character requirement from 5k characters to 3k characters. The vast majority of 3k character guides we checked had useful instruction, they just didn't have any any BBCode. Since BBCode is included in the character count, we felt that the previous limit was unnecessarily punishing plain text guides, which may have less bells and whistles than a well-formatted guide, but can still have great writing and be very useful to players of all types.

As part of this change, we wanted to find new ways to acknowledge guide authors that truly went above and beyond on their guide. So, as part of this update there will be a new "In-depth" tag for guides that exceed 15k characters in length. This will help browsers find fully detailed guides if that is what they are looking for, and also let everybody know just how much effort you've put into your guide.

Once again, thank you to all our guide authors that help make MOBAFire great. We hope this change will be a big benefit to the MOBAFire community, and as always leave any thoughts or comments in this thread so we can see what you think!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Vicious Skittle
<Sharpshooter>
Vicious Skittle's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2018 4:28pm | Report
I like this change.

Reminds me to update my guides bulk too, I'm pretty sure my Swain/Draven/Jayce guides rune sections need an overhaul PepeHands
Signatures made by: The_Nameless_Bard and Hopper
End of the Line.
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2018 4:29pm | Report
You're welcome
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
Dzopilant
<Fabulous>
Dzopilant's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2018 7:18pm | Report
Well done Mobafire team seems a very nice improvement :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2018 3:13am | Report
Cool. If only the site functioned well on mobile.
DasNerdwork
<Fabulous>
DasNerdwork's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2018 7:16am | Report
Cool. If only the site functioned well on mobile.

Couldn’t agree more to such a statement. Everything is possible but editing a guide is very hard as you cannot move items in the guide builder, the page often jumps back to fit the full size which causes in zooming difficulties etc. Really would love improvements there as I’m pretty often here with mobile devices.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2018 3:09pm | Report
Nice!

Is the new character limit based on rendered text or is BBCODE also included? (EDIT: The one for in-depth, I mean)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Dzopilant
<Fabulous>
Dzopilant's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2018 7:17pm | Report
Quoted:
BBCode is included in the character count
seems to be for every guide including in-depth ones.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2018 3:42am | Report
Nice :) I'm liking the small design fixes around the site too, making things look just that little bit neater and intentional. Keep it up, guys!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
misterfirstblood
<Member>
misterfirstblood's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2018 5:51am | Report
Nice my guide is the first one on the screenshot :D
Misterfirstblood
League of Legends
Top 1000 TFT EUW
Guides Gameplays & More

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC23lTsnw__fabyG92qEC29w