Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kalista, the Spear of Vengeance revealed

Creator: Wayne3100 November 4, 2014 12:51pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2014 1:51pm | Report
People have been saying that attack speed is actually a burden for her. People have been finding it difficult to actually get the dash with her at higher attack speeds. The passive also significantly reduces her DPS as you can't animation cancel with her.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2014 2:13pm | Report
The passive also significantly reduces her DPS as you can't animation cancel with her.

I thought that the jump on her passive counted as animation cancel? If you actually can't jump until you finish your attack completely, then that's pretty bad.
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2014 3:05pm | Report

I thought that the jump on her passive counted as animation cancel? If you actually can't jump until you finish your attack completely, then that's pretty bad.

Oh, the jump occurs when you animation cancel. The issue is that the jump is actually longer than when you would animation cancel. If you animation cancel, instead of being able to ready up another attack, you dash. In a way, the dash becomes backswing.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2014 3:34pm | Report
Oh, the jump occurs when you animation cancel. The issue is that the jump is actually longer than when you would animation cancel. If you animation cancel, instead of being able to ready up another attack, you dash. In a way, the dash becomes backswing.

Ah, I see. Well, this is still something that I need to get a feel for myself and considering that the passive will probably make or break her, I'll reserve my judgement of it.
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2014 4:22pm | Report
im sure you can use a ranged support with her ult without them getting destroyed instantly, since the ult is more of a repositioning ability with cc on it it means you arnt really losing damage if you use it to position yourself for the perfect sona ult (instead of Flash+ult as sona you can now have Kalista ult+Sona ult after you shoot yourself into a good place to use it)

i mean of course having your sona throw herself into the enemy team is ****ty but you dont always have to do that with kalistas ult
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2014 5:21pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:
im sure you can use a ranged support with her ult without them getting destroyed instantly, since the ult is more of a repositioning ability with cc on it it means you arnt really losing damage if you use it to position yourself for the perfect sona ult (instead of Flash+ult as sona you can now have Kalista ult+Sona ult after you shoot yourself into a good place to use it)

i mean of course having your sona throw herself into the enemy team is ****ty but you dont always have to do that with kalistas ult

There are some really cool combinations though. If for some reason you're playing in Season 2, you can actually chuck a Fiddle into their team after he's ulted.

I do recall somewhere though that the ult places the person you've thrown at their maximum attack range, but I don't remember where...

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2014 5:56pm | Report

I do recall somewhere though that the ult places the person you've thrown at their maximum attack range, but I don't remember where...

It does, and I think it's on S@20 along with the rest of her skill info.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide