Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MFTV & Twitch: Official Statement

Creator: FlashJ June 12, 2013 4:29pm
DemonRyou
<Member>
DemonRyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 2:39pm | Report
I'm not ignoring them because they disagree with me. I'm going to ignore them because they aren't putting up a worthy argument. They don't tackle anything that is thrown at them directly. They shove it off and go into a different topic. This isn't discussion. This is just trading blows at each other at this point and I'm reacting in a bad manner because of it to, so I don't want to do that anymore.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 2:45pm | Report
DemonRyou wrote:

How is auto-play artificially inflating it? Artificial as in fake? Like I said before, the views are created by a real person that is visiting the website, which has had real work put into it. Most likely, far more work than any of these small-time streamers you feel are being cheated.
Oh look tens of thousands guests.

That's exactly my point, EvilDice, you don't represent the entire community. You alone can feel that this is wrong but it won't do anything. Just like how you clearly disagreeing with my point of view doesn't change anything.

They are making money yes, but you are not giving it to them, so stop your whining. You yourself are not losing any money besides the internet connection you are using to visit the website that you believe is doing wrong, so let me ask you, why are you even here?

you had no point, you were trying to say that i felt i represented the entire community, spinning that into a "point" doesn't really work.

why am i here? because i like these forums and the community. does that mean i have to be blindly in love with all the decisions they make? are you 100% on board with every balance change riot makes? because if you aren't, then why do you play league of legends?

DemonRyou wrote:

They don't tackle anything that is thrown at them directly. They shove it off and go into a different topic.

OH THE IRONY

you don't see me butting heads with mowen or wayne because their posts have been fair. you contradict yourself in every post and seem desperate to make a good "point", however you fail to form one.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 2:55pm | Report
I would ask you guys not to argue on about the same thing. You have said your peace and there is no reason to go "oh you are just a ____ fanboy" etc. Repeating statements and accusing people isn't really helping anyone. I thank most of you for understanding and reading our statement, and for defending us.

Some of you are still unhappy with us, but you understand how the stream worked. That's fine too. There was some misinformation about us cheating the viewers by using bots or 1px size streams embedded all over the site that people may be confusing your complaints with. I thank those of you who have legitimate feedback for responding in a calm manner even though you are unhappy with the way the stream was implemented.

As was said in the statement, we are deciding how best to move forward. Please don't keep throwing stones at eachother or I will have to lock this thread.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
jephers0n
<Member>
jephers0n's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 5:32pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I would ask you guys not to argue on about the same thing. You have said your peace and there is no reason to go "oh you are just a ____ fanboy" etc. Repeating statements and accusing people isn't really helping anyone. I thank most of you for understanding and reading our statement, and for defending us.

Some of you are still unhappy with us, but you understand how the stream worked. That's fine too. There was some misinformation about us cheating the viewers by using bots or 1px size streams embedded all over the site that people may be confusing your complaints with. I thank those of you who have legitimate feedback for responding in a calm manner even though you are unhappy with the way the stream was implemented.

As was said in the statement, we are deciding how best to move forward. Please don't keep throwing stones at eachother or I will have to lock this thread.

Hi Mowen, I made a thread about this on Smitefire. It's too bad people here can't seem to actually discuss things without turning it into a dung flinging competition. I think the streams are a good thing, but only if a user (whether registered or guest) has the conscious decision of clicking the play button. I don't come to this site to watch a stream. If I wanted to, I'd click play on the window. It seemed like a shady tactic to autoplay/automute the streams on all pages of smitefire, and it used up a heavy amount of my internet plan, which I have to pay for if it goes over the limit. That is where my problem with this lies. I had the stream paused on several pages, and went to work...Upon coming home, EACH guide page which was open in my browser was happily streaming. I wasn't so happy. This was after I had discovered the stream was even there...Which was quite a bothersome thing to find.

I don't enjoy being tricked into things. I don't enjoy having my internet usage go up, causing me to have to pay for going over my limit. If I had gone over said limit due to a conscious decision I made, by clicking your streams, I would have nothing to say. But that simply isn't the case. I'm actually more than unhappy as to how this was implemented. I'm quite angered by this. My money was effectively stolen...

People saying there are 'bots' to raise views are only partially mistaken. There is definitely a real person at the computer. The odds are, however, that said person has no idea there is a stream playing. What if they have 9 windows open to peruse builds for a champ/god they aren't used to playing, during an ARAM/Assault match? That is 9 'bots'. 9 People who have been tricked into streaming something.
DemonRyou
<Member>
DemonRyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 6:00pm | Report
Interesting choice of word, "shady". Can you explain why autoplay and automute is shady?

Something doesn't add up with your story.

As stated before, the stream was only embedded onto the front page and the champion information pages, so if you were looking at champion guides, the stream would not have showed up.

Even if a single person had multiple windows/tabs of the same stream, it would still only count as one view.
jephers0n
<Member>
jephers0n's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 6:04pm | Report
DemonRyou wrote:

Interesting choice of word, "shady". Can you explain why autoplay and automute is shady?

Something doesn't add up with your story.

As stated before, the stream was only embedded onto the front page and the champion information pages, so if you were looking at champion guides, the stream would not have showed up.

Even if a single person had multiple windows/tabs of the same stream, it would still only count as one view.

Re-read my post. I said Smitefire. On Smitefire, the streams were not only confined to the main page, but on all other pages of the site, except for the forums. My post directly states why it is shady. In essence it makes me a bot, watching a stream which I have not agreed to watch. The streams were hidden (not intentionally, I would assume), as they were below other items on the right side of the screen. Go argue with someone else. I came here to post a reply to Mowen, not to bicker with one who considers themselves some kind of internet champion.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 6:12pm | Report
Thanks for being calm and explaining your opinion well jephers0n. Sorry I didn't respond on SmiteFire since this whole business has been taking up a lot of my time. I understand your point of view and many others raised similar concerns. We are taking everyone's feedback into account while we decide how best to move forward with our stream, and are discussing different options to improve the way it's implemented on the site.

For now at least both streams have been turned off so you don't have to worry about it, and I hope once the streams come back online the way it's implemented on the site will be more to your satisfaction.
jephers0n
<Member>
jephers0n's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 7:31pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Thanks for being calm and explaining your opinion well jephers0n. Sorry I didn't respond on SmiteFire since this whole business has been taking up a lot of my time. I understand your point of view and many others raised similar concerns. We are taking everyone's feedback into account while we decide how best to move forward with our stream, and are discussing different options to improve the way it's implemented on the site.

For now at least both streams have been turned off so you don't have to worry about it, and I hope once the streams come back online the way it's implemented on the site will be more to your satisfaction.

Thanks for the response Mowen. I would be ultimately satisfied if the streams just weren't auto on, on most of the site. Of course that's just me, and I don't speak for everyone. I say most, because there is the whole MOBA/Smitefire TV area of the site. I fully support the streams being played automatically if one were within that part of the site. It just gets tedious to have to pause the streams while I'm quickly searching several guides in multiple tabs while loading, or at the god select (especially, as I mentioned before, if I'm playing ARAM/Assault, and I'm not too well versed with the god I recieved).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the actual streams themselves. I've watched them by choice a few times. I just don't think it's fair to have no choice in the matter, other than an adblocker. I click the ads on the site frequently, in support, but now my adblocker isn't off for Smite/MOBAfire sites.

Edit to add:

Also, there is no need to apologise for not responding to my other thread. I understand you have a lot to deal with on this, and other matters pertaining to the site.

Furthermore, Thank you, to you and the other mods/owners for providing the Smitefire/MOBAfire sites. It's a great reference, and community (the community for the most part, but all areas have their jerks), and overall companion website experience to the games I love most.

Thank you :)
kira_ari
<Member>
kira_ari's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 9:14pm | Report
This is how internet works or at least SivHD fan works. They didn't care about what you're doing. But once they heard somebody's accusation on what you've done. They turn it into some of their justice. Try to make themselves feel better I guess.
Suddenly tons of ppl, who didn't care about Mobafire stream before, appeared on the chat box to find a justice by annoying eveyone who were watching the stream and streamer as well. They spammed all the they chat box with something like " SivHD is the best"( which is such justice) and accuse even the streamers.
I don't accuse ppl by hearing somebody's accusation. But this is what I think after what I witnessed : Just a bunch of kids are jealous because somebody have more success and try to find accusation to bring it down.
Anonandonandon
<Member>
Anonandonandon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 10:02pm | Report
jephers0n wrote:

Thanks for the response Mowen. I would be ultimately satisfied if the streams just weren't auto on, on most of the site. Of course that's just me, and I don't speak for everyone. I say most, because there is the whole MOBA/Smitefire TV area of the site. I fully support the streams being played automatically if one were within that part of the site. It just gets tedious to have to pause the streams while I'm quickly searching several guides in multiple tabs while loading, or at the god select (especially, as I mentioned before, if I'm playing ARAM/Assault, and I'm not too well versed with the god I recieved).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the actual streams themselves. I've watched them by choice a few times. I just don't think it's fair to have no choice in the matter, other than an adblocker. I click the ads on the site frequently, in support, but now my adblocker isn't off for Smite/MOBAfire sites.

Edit to add:

Also, there is no need to apologise for not responding to my other thread. I understand you have a lot to deal with on this, and other matters pertaining to the site.

Furthermore, Thank you, to you and the other mods/owners for providing the Smitefire/MOBAfire sites. It's a great reference, and community (the community for the most part, but all areas have their jerks), and overall companion website experience to the games I love most.

Thank you :)

Well put. What you have said is exactly what I have been trying to get across, I only failed at doing so.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide