Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Special Christmas Giveaway!

Creator: Hades4u December 20, 2021 1:31am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 1:31am | Report

Hey everyone and welcome to our Special Christmas Giveaway! ❄

Our favourite frosty holiday is finally here and there's no better way to celebrate together than sharing stories and creations, and of course, receiving gifts! Not physical gifts in our case as we're all over the world and shipping would be tricky, but we've got some RP that's just as good for you to enjoy (and it fits under any Christmas tree)!

It's been some tough few years for everyone and some of us won't get to celebrate Christmas with our dear ones. That doesn't mean we cannot have fun together as a community and enjoy ourselves, as it's a great part of the year that we should enjoy to the fullest!

Find out below how to take part in the event, and remember, we all need a moment of peace and fun after a difficult year! 😊

Frosty N' Jolly Rewards!

Grab yourself a hot tea or cocoa mug and let's see what we've got in our Christmas sack for this event. There will be 20 winners that will receive a $10 RP Code each. In addition, their replies will be featured on the front page in the winners announcement post.

To spice things up, the winners won't be randomly picked for this event. All the entries will be checked by the MOBAFire Team and we will pick our favourite ones. Before the panic sets in, we will pick the ones that we've enjoyed the most, not the longest or the fanciest or anything like that. It's important to have fun while sharing your stories and Christmas spirit and we will as well! :)

If you're not a fan of writing and you prefer sharing your Christmas creations instead, we would also like to see your own Christmas trees and snowmen. We could look at them all day long!

We're not done yet - everyone who takes part in the event will receive a special Christmas badge! Take part now and add this unique and merry badge to your collection!

Now The Fun Part!
Pick your favourite and reply to this post until the 26th of December at 23:59 PM PST. 🕒

Share a fun Christmas story - If you have memory of a fun occurrence during past Christmas celebrations, we would like to read about it! Can be a real life story or something that happened during an in-game Christmas event, it's up to you to share your favourite one! Make sure it's your own story or Santa 🎅 won't fit through your chimney this year!

Tell us about your favourite Christmas food or dessert - We play together from all over the world and our cultures are different in their own ways. Tell us about your favourite Christmas food or dessert and maybe show us a picture as well! It can be something traditional or a comfort food you simply enjoy, you know best what makes you happy for Christmas! 🥣

Share your favourite Christmas movie - The special time of the year when we rewatch our favourite movies, it's almost like a tradition of its own. Tell us about your favourite movie while avoiding spoilers and see how many other community members share the same taste! If you have a tradition of watching non-Christmas themed movies around the holidays, tell us about it! Anyone else doing Lord of the Rings marathons? 🎬

Tell us about your dream Christmas gift - There's always a dream gift we would like to get for Christmas! While we can only fulfill your RP dreams, we would still love to hear about your wishes for the most magical time of the year. Feel free to also tell us about perfect Christmas gifts you've received in the past, happy stories are always great to read! 🎁

Share a picture of your Christmas tree or snowman - Our Christmas tree has been ready for more than a week already, in anticipation for our favourite holiday. Show us a picture of your own Christmas tree or maybe a snowman you've built and let us marvel at your creativity! If you're not having a Christmas tree and this year didn't bring any snow to you, show us your Christmas decorations or anything that lifts up your holiday spirit! Merry Note: Make sure to also include in the picture a piece of paper with your username! 🎄⛄

Thank you all for being here and we're very excited to see your replies. Please let us know what you think about this community event and our Christmas themed changes! The winners will be drawn and announced in the first week of 2022. 🎉
Urpog
<New Meta>
Urpog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 1:55am | Report
When I was growing up as a child my mother used to tell me the sky was getting whiter around christmas time because Santa was coming and for whatever reason the sky would actually have some like white glow from far away so she was using it as as a way to sell the santa story to me, I was always super super anxious around christmas time unable to sleep trying to listen for footsteps and one day I did hear the footsteps because I was unable to sleep, I went downstairs and I found my mother crouching behind a chair trying to hide from me because she just ate some cookies trying to say it was santa eating them for when we came downstairs in the morning lol

My mom would also just spoil us in junk food, she would fill the table with every food imaginable, pigs in blankets, pineapple and cheese on a prick - stick looking thing, pringles, malteasers, salted peanuts, every a kid would die for, so not exactly cultural unless you consider salted peanuts and malteasers british culture lol

My favourite christmas movie is probably elf

My dream christmas gift as a child was toy soldiers, you know the ones from toy story? Green casted moulds, my mom used to buy me a pack of them using different kind of guns, bought me a tank at one point too and I'd just sit in my room pretending to be a general commander, right now it'd be a nice new gaming chair and headphones since mine are pretty scuffed atm

Sadly I don't have a phone so I can't take a picture of my christmas tree but every year we've had like a tiny one from tescos, couldn't fit anything but maybe a piggyback underneath it but thought I'd share anyways, have a nice christmas everyone ^^
Pogar
lPermofrostl
<Member>
lPermofrostl's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 2:09am | Report
Back when I lived with my mom, money was a little tight but there was one dessert that we'd save up and all pool in for. Chocolate Lava Cake.

Imagine, hot chocolate lava with chilled vanilla icecream. It was really worth the wait.

Now that I live alone, I always get myself some in Christmas because it doesn't just feel like a delicious treat, but it tastes like home. It tastes like warmth and happiness. It tastes like the month-long anticipation before my birthday.

It feels happy like my mom's hugs, and that's what Christmas is all about to me.
theant01
<Member>
theant01's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 2:42am | Report
My christmas dream gift would be to simply have my boyfriend with me and relax and play together, sadly we live far away but i hope to reach him oneday
Atleast i can share my tree!
D1vid3dS0ul
<Member>
D1vid3dS0ul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 3:09am | Report
Okay, so, story time

Some my family had gathered around for Christmas dinner, nothing huge, about 3 adults and 6 kids with ages ranging from around 6/7 to 14/15 years old. It was late-ish into the night and we did the typical tradition of sitting in something close to a circle and opening gifts from other family members, again it was nothing huge, no more than 3 or 4 presents for each child, some having the same as someone else because they were mostly smaller stuff like a selection of chocolate.

One of my cousins who was anywhere from 9 to 11 at the time had bee really into football at the time, which is normal because we're an English family and this country takes football wayyyy too seriously. Anyways, it had only made sense that someone were to gift him a pair of football boots for Christmas, so they did. It was his last present that he started to open and his mother started to record him opening it because she knew what it was. I remember watching his face light up more and more as he took the wrapping paper off and he realised what it was.

Before he even opened the box he had rushed to his aunt who had brought the gift and was practically bouncing on the spot. Eventually he manages to sit back down and open the box to actually see the boots and he almost immediately burst into tears of happiness. They weren't a special pair or anything like that, not signed or based off of a professionals boots at the time, just your standard pair of football boots, but at the time it meant the world to him.
Clorces
<Member>
Clorces's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 3:31am | Report
My favourite christmas food is, wierdly, not even a christmas dish. And I can't quite decide on which one to pick, since there are two things I relate to christmas since my childhood.
One of them is a layered liver cake. Nothing christmas about it in particular, but it's been like a tradition in our house to make one for the New Year and then for Christmas (here in Russia christmas is on the 7th of January).
The second one is usually sent to us by my relatives from Armenia, since it's hard to find the ingredients for it here at a reasonable price. Much like the liver cake, basturma has been on the table pretty much every New Year and Christmas, with all the same properties: not quite a christmas food itself, but has been a tradition to have one.
Doody_tco
<Member>
Doody_tco's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 5:42am | Report
Favorite Christmas movie: Home Alone
Classic!
Babouin marin
<Member>
Babouin marin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 7:01am | Report
As a volleyball lover, my dream Christmas present would definitely be something related to that sport.
I've been playing it for almost 15 years now and I've never been so dedicated to something like that my whole life.
Most of my closest friends are the one I made playing volleyball. I've always loved playing against way better players than me and, being French, I've been following the journey of the French team for a very long time.
That's why my dream present would be to be able to meet these pro players, exchange with them and ask them a ton of questions, but above all i would love to be able some day to hit some balls with them even if it's just for a few seconds!
Luquinha
<Member>
Luquinha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 7:02am | Report
My favorite desert is a cornmeal cake that my grandma makes. It is really traditional in Brazil, but she managed to elevate it by making a crunchy outside and a really soft inside. Unfortunately she passed away this year due to covid and we will never get to eat it again because even with the recipe no one can make the cake like she did. I absolutely recommend you look up a recipe for this cake and try it out, maybe even put some guava paste in it!
Karinutsa
<Member>
Karinutsa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2021 8:57am | Report
Answering all of these literally represents the perfect Christmas, so here they are:

1)Story
I am a big city person, but as a kid I used to spend my short school winter breaks at my grandparents’ house in the countryside. This was one of the first Christmases I spent there and my cousin asked me to go carolling with him. We woke up early in the morning, at 5 am, to get ready and we went from house to house to sing. There is a tradition in that area that beside money, people offer nuts to the carollers too.
There is nothing funny about my story, but it is a memory I cherish and keep close to my heart every Christmas. Also, I worked so hard for that full bag of nuts that year.

2)Food
In my country we have a few interesting Christmas foods, but one of the best things I love to eat every Christmas is the pig skin. Of course the pig skin is washed in a certain manner and then burnt, there is a whole process that I am not going to go into detail. But the final result/product is amazing, it is the perfect breakfast food or appetizer for any December meals. I eat it with bread, but it goes well with anything else that is also salty.

3)Movie
The Christmas Chronicles part 1 (the first movie) is so good.
Second pick would be Daddy’s home 2, a nice modern comedy that I think most families can relate to, at least to a certain degree.

4)Gift
I would love a VR set so I can play horror games, but in case Santa cannot bring me that, I am sure I will love everything he puts under my tree.

5)Tree
I have a big natural tree in my living room, but I cannot find a way to take a decent clarity pic with the tree and the piece of paper with my username.
Instead, I will just show you the little artificial tree I decorated especially for my room.
Pic here: https://imgur.com/a/1YHcQeA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide