Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Monthly Guide Rewards and Point System

Creator: Mowen March 8, 2017 8:38am
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2017 9:23am | Report
It says lengthy replies are 5 points, but on my profile (I have 2 of them) they're 2 points.

Fixed, thanks for the heads up!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2017 10:27am | Report
I still don't seem to be getting points for guide scores within the percentages listed, even though it is (slowly) giving me points for updating said guides.

Update: I think it's fixed now? jk, still not getting points for my Soraka guide
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2017 11:18am | Report
I don't see the list on my profile :( Yesterday, it was there. Is it because I haven't been active lately?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2017 12:18pm | Report
As Skittle and Falseo have noted popularity of a champ plays a factor in views, but it's not necessarily strictly in-game popularity, it also depends on how hard the champ is to play so that more people are needing a guide for it. That being said, you guys still have a pretty sizable amount of points just based off guides and guide scores alone.

We also launched the social logins with this update and we're really hoping with that + this new rewards system all guides will be getting more comments and votes. Cross your fingers. :)

@ Vicious Skittle yes, your guides have to be updated during the contest period to get points based on guide score. Also you might have been seeing an old version of your scores, I just looked and you're properly getting 5 points for lengthy replies.

@ jokersprank yes, this system works on a month to month basis, so right now points are only being counted from the beginning of March, and will be counted till the end of March, then it will start over. Also, your guide needs to be updated during the contest month to have its score be counted towards your points etc.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2017 11:31pm | Report
At this point it's been almost two days and I'm still not getting all the points I should be for some reason (my Soraka guide has a score of 79% and I'm not getting any points for that as far as I can tell).
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 4:44am | Report
Hmm, I was wondering - do general guides count for Guide Updates and Great Guide Scores? Also, does it count if you post a comment on your own guide?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2017 10:19am | Report
@ The_Nameless_Bard there is some confusion due to the fact that the scores displayed across the site are not all consistent. We've tweaked and adjusted the score formula many times over the years, and some spots got missed in those updates. Additionally, the WAY the scores are displayed is inconsistent across the site.

To work around this for the current contest we've adjusted the "good score" rule to make it a little more forgiving, and in the mean time we will work on cleaning up the score displays so they are consistent across the site and there is no more confusion. If you check your profile, you should now have the points you were expecting!

For reference, the score to look at is what is shown on the browse guides page, as it matches the formula we are using for this month's contest.

We aim to have this all sorted by next month, and then we will decide how to proceed from there. Everyone should be aware that the rules will change month to month, so for example your guides may not get the same tickets next month that they got this month depending on what adjustments we make.

Also note that, as explained earlier, ticket counts update hourly. You may have to wait up to an hour to see new tickets appear on your profile.

@ jhoijhoi currently the rules do not discriminate between guide types, so for this month you will get tickets for general guides.

Comments on your own guides are NOT counted towards the "Guide Comments" or "Lengthy Guide Comments" rules.

Hope that clears things up!
josahus
<Member>
josahus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2017 5:54am | Report
Hey,

Overall a great idea!
Problem is that I can't see my points at my profile page or in the list :( Maybe you can help me with that (you don't have to be a Prime Member, right?).

Keep it up!
Greetings josahus / Matz
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2017 6:32am | Report
josahus wrote:
Hey,

Overall a great idea!
Problem is that I can't see my points at my profile page or in the list :( Maybe you can help me with that (you don't have to be a Prime Member, right?).

Keep it up!
Greetings josahus / Matz

It's right there on your profile
BreakfastMC
<Member>
BreakfastMC's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2017 9:09am | Report
josahus wrote:
Hey,

Overall a great idea!

Keep it up!
Greetings josahus / Matz

Points are shown in the bottom left on your profile page, below awards showcase.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide