Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update: MOBAFire Search, Embed Builds in Posts,...

Creator: Matt July 25, 2011 11:43pm
1 2 3 4 5
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2011 12:27pm | Report
Matt wrote:

@Rudmed, I'll take a look.

Thanks Matt.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2011 5:37pm | Report
Rudmed wrote:

I'm not sure if this is me, but I'm having trouble using this. In my guide I followed the layout for masteries since it had one build, but now that I've added another build I've tried the code. Except now it won't work, for the second build.

This is how I'm putting them in.
Code:
[masteries] [masteries=2]

Is this correct?

Same issue. In the meantime, you can just use the mastery builder and input the link. Thanks for looking into it Matt.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 7:48pm | Report
I have determined the problem. The [masteries] tag does not look at your revision, it looks at your published build. So... This is complicated but follow me here:

1) Create a guide with 1 build, publish it, all is well.
2) Edit the guide to add a second build, as well as the [masteries=2] call, then save it, but do not publish it.
3) When you view your guide now, the [masteries=2] will not work because it is looking at your published guide, not your revision, and your published guide does not have the second build yet.
4) Publish your guide, and now [masteries=2] will work again.

Hope that makes sense. It actually affects all the embed tags. I will try to fix them so that they will pull from the revisions when it is the author viewing the build, but in the mean time... They should work fine after you publish your guide :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 3:32pm | Report
lol so simple. I'm hesitant too, to hit publish if it doesn't work in "view" ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 3:40pm | Report
Well it should only ever bug out for the author while viewing a revision of their guide with new builds that haven't been published yet. It will not bug out for your readers because they will only see the published version.

I guess your hesitation would be that, if it doesn't look perfect in view (due to this glitch) you don't want to publish in case it looks wrong. Understandable. We are fixing this bug though, fix should be up this week :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 3:46pm | Report
I tend to view my guide over 50 times before publishing for the first time - but that's because I'm crazy. Most other people probably won't notice any bugs related to that particular BBCode, so there's no rush to fix it right now if you have other issues you need to work with :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide