Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a guy who just got a 66 hour weekly work...

Creator: Pølsemanden September 28, 2013 3:05am
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 2:06am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

My step brother just finished a 102 hour week for his work. (he's a trucker).

I don't understand the question.

@bioalchemist, i guess it's a mix of my northern manly genes, the cigarettes, booze and most importantly the E-peen from my blue-border affecting my voice sexyness.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 6:35am | Report
Great pay, i'm earning up to 30 dollars/hour based on the clock and Day of the week, also i only had a part time job before that so kinda short on cash. Also if i achieve a 2%yearly revenue i get a Big fat check

2 months exactly, that's how Long it'll take to get a wholesale renter of the hotel.

The second i start, it's a 2 hour drive from where i live, so the time with my old friends are reducer to FB, LoL and 2 days a week or so when i'm home clubbing/Working my part-time job. Doesn't really matter tjough i don't mind being alone, and i met a skank in the town next to this one While clubbing so i won't need anything.

Yes i Wear a Maid uniform when i do housekeeping, not getting the reactions from females that i expected nor the one i deserve.

Edit: noghthawks brother would still have 8 hours Every Day to do other stuff, seing as a human only needs 4-7 he shouldn't have Been a danger to anyone.
L2math

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 10:07am | Report
I drove 9 hours in a row once, it was rough.

But most truckers like driving and can drive really long distances and i don't know about the US laws, but in denmark you have to rest once every X hours so i'm pretty sure noone's put in danger - i might be wrong and this trucker might be a terrible long-distance driver.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 9:31pm | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

15 hrs straight, driving, for 6 days in row .....
Nah, he couldn't have been a danger to anyone .....
But it's fine, you're young, you still have lots of time to have someone you care about getting killed cause some guy though: meh, it's not like I'm putting anyone in danger here.

lol. My step brother is probably older than you, seeing as he's nearly 40.

He's been driving trucks for nearly 10 years, and is a very good driver actually. Furthermore, it's perfectly legal in Ontario to drive up to 16 hours a day as long as you get at least 8 hours of sleep. He is in fact very careful about driving because he recognizes the dangers. He's obviously fully licensed as well.

I'm not really sure you know anything about trucking at all, because you're blowing off on something that is pretty much not a significant source of loss of life. Crashes because of fatigue only account for a grand total of 4% of all total crashes in Canada, keeping in mind that those statistics are for cars as well as trucks. Think about that for a minute, 96% of all crashes aren't from drowsy driving.

You also fail to take into account that he could have been

- driving back from dropping off his load
- driving with a partner and taking turns at the wheel
- have gotten a ride to his start point and then driven shorter hours
- have also been performing maintenance and other duties on his truck

when he accounted for his 102 hour work week.

The government agrees that these are safe laws - the truckers agree that these are safe laws (in fact, some truckers in the states, which have similar laws as Canada are complaining that they can't make any money with the legal hours, and so have been illegally driving longer hours and forging their logbooks) and the insurance companies agree that these are safe laws and practices. You, are not any of these people, and yet because of something you read in the newspaper you're condemning my step brother as someone who deserves the same contempt an "ordinary rapist/murderer/etc".

So good sir, now that I've educated you about your misguided information about my step brothers profession, please shut the **** up. :)

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 9:32am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

Trying to educate me on the assumption that I'm making assumptions ..... I wonder if the irony is as clear to you as it is to me....?

Lets see:
My Ex GF of several years drives a truck since she was 18. I spent many a weekends in the passenger seat.
She's 3rd generation truck driver.
You learn a thing or 2 when just about any convo you have is about trucks.

From the last studies I've seen:
Age groups 35-39 and 40-44 have the highest accident rate.
20% of all accidents with trucks are directly related to fatigue.
Can't find figures for accidents cause due to lack of attention, but then again, they ain't gonna say they were reading a book, playing a game, drinking (not alcohol), rolling a sig, eating, or doing anything else to break the monotone of driving.

In Europe it's limited to 9 hrs a day.
4.5 consecutive hrs, after which a 45 min break is mandatory.
Maximum 56 hrs a week, and a max of 90 hrs total for 2 consecutive weeks.
With a mandatory 45 or 24 hrs rest time between weeks.

In Ontario Canada, it was limited to 13 hrs driving, 14 hrs on duty.
With a mandatory 8 hr rest.
Maximum of 82 hrs per week.
But that was when I was when I was still with my Ex.
Just checked and it seems things have changed.
Currently it's 11 hrs of consecutive driving, 14 hrs on duty.
With a mandatory 10 hr rest.
Maximum of 60 hrs per week, ie 7 days. Can do 70 but he'll need 8 days for that and then has to take a mandatory 34 hr rest.

What was that about misguided information?

You're still mistaken. Laws in Europe don't apply in Ontario.

(iii) the total of the elapsed times before and after each sleeper berth period in a sequence referred to in subsection (1) exceeds 16 hours. O. Reg. 555/06, s. 11 (2).

(3) After 16 hours have elapsed from the end of the most recent period of eight or more consecutive hours of off-duty time, the driver shall not drive again unless he or she takes at least eight consecutive hours of off-duty time. O. Reg. 555/06, s. 9 (3).

exemptions:

i. to transport the primary products of a farm, forest, sea or lake, if the driver or the operator is the owner and producer or harvester of the products, or

ii. to return after transporting the primary products of a farm, forest, sea or lake, if the vehicle is empty or is transporting supplies and equipment used for the production of primary products of a farm, forest, sea or lake.

(b) is not carrying, or towing a trailer that is carrying, commercial cargo or tools or equipment of a type normally used for commercial purposes. O. Reg. 555/06, s. 3 (2).

from the highway traffic act ^

So, as a matter of fact, yes, 16 hours is allowed.

Furthermore about accidents:

"Crash rates are lowest throughout middle age and then increase among senior drivers. Death rates per million miles begin increasing at ages 60-64. When drivers reach the ages of 75-79, their death rates per million miles traveled is four times greater than that of 30-59 year-olds."

"It is estimated that sleepy and/or fatigued drivers are responsible for 4% of fatal crashes."

from tirf ^

You are wrong. I am right. In any case, this isn't about that. It's about you comparing my step brother to a rapist and a murderer, basically saying that he's trash and isn't worthy of anyone's respect. He's a great guy, has 3 kids he's supporting and a wife - you have no right to judge him, especially judging him as a terrible person because he worked a lot of hours ONCE, has never been in an accident before and wasn't in an accident on the trip, not to mention he doesn't smoke or do ******** like that. He uses his 30 minutes to eat and drink, go to the bathroom, etc, but that's about it. I'm not saying he's a saint, but he's not certainly not trash, he takes care of himself, his family and other people as much as he can.

Even if it was against the law to drive that many hours, you would still be a giant ****ing douchebag for comparing my brother to a rapist/murderer.

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 4:27am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

In the regulation you so nicely copied, you missed a part.
Well actually no, you went and looked for information that would suit your argument and ripped it completely out of context.
Take your highway act and scroll up to point 5 and 6. Daily driving time and Daily off-duty time.
Actually, I suggest you read the entire thing, it's enlightening.
Or rather, just read point 1 and 2 of article 9, of which you copied only point 3.
It seems I was wrong(a little :D). But so are you.

Your mistake just has worse implications. :D

TIRF uses polls to get their data.
How about something more official?

I mentioned the European regulations and by accident the US ones also.
Both being more strict than the one you say: OMG my govment says so, so it must be OK.

The reason I made the comparison isn't because I think he's trash and/or not worth respect.
He acts without giving a **** about the possible consequences of his actions. Only his personal gain is what he cares about. Do you know how remarkably similar that is to the way murderers/rapists/darwin award candidates think?

Now lets put your last paragraph into perspective:

From the time I was 18 till I was 22-23, I was drunk every weekend. Saturday and Sunday. Not just tipsy, but 'Dude, where's my car' - drunk. And I still drove my car. Sunday drinking usually ended Monday morning between 6 and 8 am. Means I was riding home utterly smashed at times when children were riding their bikes to school. I never had an accident. Never touched a car, nor a human being (or animal) when I was driving. Sober or drunk.
According to your logic, I was correct in driving drunk. Cause I've never had an accident when doing so.

It's actually funny how you first use his age and years of experience to convince me he knows what he's doing, that he's capable of judging the consequences of his actions. And then you just hand me my point when you stress that he's done it only ONCE. Thus saying his age/years of experience are rendered useless and in fact he doesn't know what could've happened.

It's cute how your emotional attachment impairs your judgement. It's another thing murderers/rapists/darwin award candidates have in common. Their family/friends/lovers just refuse to see the huge errors they've made and will continue to defend them no matter what.

Good thing I'm not burdened with such silly human sentimentality. :D

oh, my favourite color? that would be blue.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 5:56am | Report
Quoted:

oh, my favourite color? that would be blue.

<3
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 6:08am | Report
98% of guys' favorite color is blue, 0.5% is black, 0.5% is red, 0.5% is grey, 0.5% is green.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 6:22am | Report
Where did you get those numbers from?

I used to like Green the most when I was little, but now I'm a sucker for Cyan, a tint of blue.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 6:26am | Report
I just made the numbers up but I'm pretty sure they're accurate

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide