Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask A Scientist

Creator: Bioalchemist April 30, 2013 12:40pm
131 posts - page 9 of 14
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 4:37pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Not really

If unattractive people never reproduce, then they won't pass on their genes.
If people prefer to have sex with attractive people, than unattractive people (in the sense of what we currently call unattractive) will simply disappear.
There won't be a group of unattractive people, there just won't be unattractive people at all.

i feel sorry for your people.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 4:57pm | Report
Shallow as it is, the banana speaks the truth. That's not debatable. That is what happens. So yeah. Attractive people will mate with attractive people, unattractive people will mate with unattractive people, slowly they will polarize into extremely attractive and extremely unattractive groups. Sure it's shallow, but it's still the truth.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 4:59pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

Shallow as it is, the banana speaks the truth. That's not debatable. That is what happens. So yeah. Attractive people will mate with attractive people, unattractive people will mate with unattractive people, slowly they will polarize into extremely attractive and extremely unattractive groups. Sure it's shallow, but it's still the truth.

We've had millenia to polarize. I would imagine that shifting aesthetic ideals, different cultural ideals and genetic drift should serve to prevent such a polarization.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 5:01pm | Report
That's a good point. In that case shifting societal beliefs would keep all evolutionary progress from ever coming to fruition, because at the moment society governs "natural" selection.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 6:05pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Anyway, on topic, what's the most fun experiment you've ever gotten to do, Bioalchemist? And please, give us the details.

I actually did this experiment/reaction once. it was super awesome.

when I was in college we did a chemistry demonstration for the local schools and the thermite reaction was one of them I got to perform...along with some of the gimmicky stuff like colored dyes that change with pH and luminescence and turning a copper penny into 'silver'. I really enjoyed doing that stuff. I would say stuff like that is the most fun due to the dramatic reaction...but than again mutating bacteria to exhibit abilities different from the original strains (making 'chimera' bacteria for instance) was also fun in the sense that it is super cool that we have the ability to do it...which is also stuff that I have done.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 6:24pm | Report
Aseafy wrote:

You are so shallow.

Spoken like a true unattractive person! :D
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 6:57pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Not really

If unattractive people never reproduce, then they won't pass on their genes.
If people prefer to have sex with attractive people, than unattractive people (in the sense of what we currently call unattractive) will simply disappear.
There won't be a group of unattractive people, there just won't be unattractive people at all.

A world without MrCuddowls.....

:'>
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 7:00pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

A world without MrCuddowls.....

:'>

GG WP

DarkAkumaLord
<Member>
DarkAkumaLord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 3:04am | Report
Atheist here, that is all.
+1 Rep me if you think I help you or others or don't Pick A Card.

... Man I used to say that stuff. It's been years.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 4:14am | Report

Atheist here, that is all.

Lol, not sure if trying to spark up that topic again, but I believe it's already died out for now.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide