Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask the person below you a question

Creator: Oooneshot September 19, 2014 7:50am
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:17am | Report
You can't "cure" cancer in any normal sense as it naturally exists in small amounts in every single living thing's body. Depression isn't really curable either. Unless you mean magic solution?

who's your favorite youtuber?

Wow, your sense of imagination is lacking. I feel bad for you not taking the question ...
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:54am | Report
More like I'm realistic and I was answering the question with "that's not something you can 'cure' in any normal sense unless you just mean a magical solution that just makes it disappear". Cancer is quite literally mutated cells. You, me, the hobo down the street: we all have cancer somewhere in our bodies. The problem comes when our bodies natural response to destroy the mutated cells is somehow disrupted or our bodies create more mutated cells than they can destroy not that sheer fact that the mutation exists.

Though it would appear you said "cancer, the human stupidity" and I read that as "cancer" (by itself). oops.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:57am | Report
emoriam wrote:
If you could decide between curing one of the following things, which one would you chosse? - Cancer, the human stupidity or depressions (in relation to thoughts of suicide)
Wanted to answer this question; Human stupidity is not too bad, we're doing much better than we did in the past. As lethal cancer has a solution (since a few weeks), I'd say depression.

who's your favorite youtuber?
Idk, for some reason I love wowcrendor.

Whats worse: Dating simulators, military shooters, puzzle platformers or MMORPGs?
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:11am | Report
More like I'm realistic and I was answering the question with "that's not something you can 'cure' in any normal sense unless you just mean a magical solution that just makes it disappear". Cancer is quite literally mutated cells. You, me, the hobo down the street: we all have cancer somewhere in our bodies. The problem comes when our bodies natural response to destroy the mutated cells is somehow disrupted or our bodies create more mutated cells than they can destroy not that sheer fact that the mutation exists.

Though it would appear you said "cancer, the human stupidity" and I read that as "cancer" (by itself). oops.

Do you really think I'm not aware of that?
Why would I ask such a question then if I would suppose people to just answer and being realistic. If you would have just read the other options it would have been clear at the first glance.
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:18am | Report
emoriam wrote:
Why would I ask such a question then if I would suppose people to just answer and being realistic. If you would have just read the other options it would have been clear at the first glance.
The fact that it isn't the answer you wanted is as much about the question asked as it is about my "lack of imagination", just sayin'. It's perfectly reasonable to answer a question in this thread logically if I feel like it, so I'm not really sure why you're irritated with me for doing so in the first place.

I could easily say "I want to cure cancer because my mom has leukemia and that's terrible". I could also say "I want to cure depression because I have that and I want to be properly happy again for once in my life"...but neither of those are particularly creative answers, nor do they really mean anything.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:22am | Report
The fact that it isn't the answer you wanted is as much about the question asked as it is about my "lack of imagination", just sayin'. It's perfectly reasonable to answer a question logically if I feel like it, so I'm not sure why you're irritated with me for doing so.

It's not, because the question's intention is to basically think abstract and draw conclusions. However, I don't reject that you can add logical thoughts to your answer but you didn't even choose an answer on the question I thought it would be a great question to think about a bit, not a straight and boring question. Thinking abstract is maybe a thing some people aren't capable of. You could have, for instance, drew a conclusion between cancer and depressions. If there wouldn't be depressions cancer wouldn't be as bad for the people at least concerning the mental effects. I know, this may sound stupid but it's at least a comprehensible answer which relates to the idea of the question.
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:28am | Report
Really it just feels like "what's worse, depression or cancer? because I'm asking you to pick one of them to magically cure permanently in every single living being who has it" at its core, which is a pretty shallow question.

Those kinds of questions annoy me, the only way it would be worse is if you tacked the seemingly obligatory "but whichever one you don't pick can never be cured" onto it.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:33am | Report
Really it just feels like "what's worse, depression or cancer? because I'm asking you to pick one of them to magically cure permanently in every single living being who has it" at its core, which is a pretty shallow question.

Those kinds of questions annoy me, the only way it would be worse is if you tacked the seemingly obligatory "but whatever one you don't pick can never be cured" onto it.

Well, that's the first try of an answer, congrulations you did at least something because you've said comparing cancer and depressions is awful. It's the first time you're actually dealing with the question.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:36am | Report
Looking at this discussion, I'm going to choose stupidity. :^)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:37am | Report
Looking at this discussion, I'm going to choose stupidity. :^)

Thanks mate ^_^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide