Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask the person below you a question

Creator: Oooneshot September 19, 2014 7:50am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:39am | Report
emoriam wrote:
Well, that's the first try of an answer, congrulations you did at least something because you've said comparing cancer and depressions is awful. It's the first time you're actually dealing with the question.
Being condescending does you no credit. You asked a question and I gave you an answer and asked a question to confirm what you wanted, which you didn't even bother to acknowledge, let alone answer. The fact that it "wasn't what you wanted" doesn't change the fact that I answered it the first time.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:42am | Report
Being condescending does you no credit. You asked a question and I gave you an answer. The fact that it "wasn't what you wanted" doesn't change the fact that I answered it the first time.

"You can't "cure" cancer in any normal sense as it naturally exists in small amounts in every single living thing's body. Depression isn't really curable either."

I didn't quote the question you put in the end but I've alread said something to this I guess.

Why didn't you just say comparing these things in a sort of "ranking what's the worst" is awful. You just pointed out "nope, not possible". That's first of all pessimistic because actually maybe there will be a cure for virtious cancer someday and it's as I said not even the attempt of answering ...

Btw, you missed out saying you cannot cure the human stupidity, that would have been correct then :p
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:47am | Report
Well, not acknowledging the question is part of the problem. I asked what kind of answer you were looking for and instead of answering that question you were impolite because you didn't like my answer, which as is currently, for the most part, is true.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:49am | Report
Certain forms of cancer can be "cured" if diagnosed and dealt with immediately. There is a lot of promising medical research on the curement of cancer, too. If one has depression, one can take the so call "pill of happiness", which needs the prescription of psychiatrist, though. Talking to psychologists and stuff can also be described as a way of curing depression. So Nameless, these things can actually be "cured" in a way(or to some extent if you want).

As for human stupitidy, Einstein said it's infinite.

Q: Favourite social network?
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:54am | Report
Well, not acknowledging the question is part of the problem. I asked what kind of answer you were looking for and instead of answering that question you were impolite because you didn't like my answer, which as is currently, for the most part, is true.

That's true for a reason, I'm sorry but I actually didn't accept your question with the "magical thing" being serious. But still, I hope you get what I just tried to say because I still think you could've just thought of it in another way and actually tried to relate to idea of the question more. :o
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 10:00am | Report
Certain forms of cancer can be "cured" if diagnosed and dealt with immediately. There is a lot of promising medical research on the curement of cancer, too. If one has depression, one can take the so call "pill of happiness", which needs the prescription of psychiatrist, though. Talking to psychologists and stuff can also be described as a way of curing depression. So Nameless, these things can actually be "cured" in a way(or to some extent if you want).
We rarely "cure" cancer in people. We pump their body full of toxic **** or radiation that kills everything and hope it kills the mutated cells first/more than the healthy ones. Like when my mom was first diagnosed they put her on something so toxic the rest of us couldn't even touch the bottle or anything she'd eaten/drank from/ect. That's not a cure and often "cures" for cancer cause other types of cancer and many people relapse even if they don't get a different type of cancer. For example, leukemia: that's often caused by the radiation used to cure other types of cancer. Leukemia is one of the few types of cancer where the medication actually deals with the cause of the mutation rather than just killing off the mutated cells, but it still doesn't always get cured entirely (not even half the time, to be honest) and most people with the chronic types of leukemia take daily oral chemotherapy for the rest of their lives. That's not a cure, that's a bandaid.

Have you ever taken an antidepressant yourself? there often isn't a "pill of happiness" that just makes you feel better. Trust me, I'd know. Sometimes it helps, but often you stay on that medication forever (that's not a cure in any normal sense). In many cases it does nothing and in some cases it actually makes it worse. Often you end up feeling emotionless and empty, which is even worse than when you were depressed because you no longer have any reason to care.

Gonna stop derailing now, if anyone wants to keep talking about this they can PM me.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 10:10am | Report
We rarely "cure" cancer in people. We pump their body full of toxic **** or radiation that kills everything and hope it kills the mutated cells first/more than the healthy ones. Like when my mom was first diagnosed they put her on something so toxic the rest of us couldn't even touch the bottle or anything she'd eaten/drank from/ect. That's not a cure and often "cures" for cancer cause other types of cancer and many people relapse even if they don't get a different type of cancer. For example, leukemia: that's often caused by the radiation used to cure other types of cancer. Leukemia is one of the few types of cancer where the medication actually deals with the cause of the mutation rather than just killing off the mutated cells, but it still doesn't always get cured entirely (not even half the time, to be honest) and most people with the chronic types of leukemia take daily oral chemotherapy for the rest of their lives. That's not a cure, that's a bandaid.
http://www.cell.com/cancer-cell/abstract/S1535-6108(06)00372-2

Its legit tho, the real cure exists now
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 10:59am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
http://www.cell.com/cancer-cell/abstract/S1535-6108(06)00372-2

Its legit tho, the real cure exists now

The point is when will this be available around the globe and for the average citizen?

I will repeat my previous question since nobody bothered to answer it :(

Q: What is your favourite social network?
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 11:03am | Report

Q: What is your favourite social network?

Twitter

How old are you? (I will prefer normal questions now ... :o)
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 11:52am | Report
Oh lord, you're asking normal questions now :o

A: I'm, ugh, 13 years old.

Q: If the song "Let it go" would play on the radio, would you throw the radio out of the window in pure rage or sing along?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide