Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Dead Island

Creator: Searz August 12, 2011 7:20am
60 posts - page 3 of 6
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 12:14am | Report
There are rumors now that they accidentally released an older developer build to Steam instead of the final production build. I'm kinda hoping that is true, as it sounds like it's somewhat buggy on top of some issues with the lighting and controls. Otherwise it looks pretty awesome.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 4:00am | Report
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 9:13am | Report
I'm really torn about whether I should get this game, while it definitely doesn't live up to the way they hyped it, I'm torn between the reviews, half say they love the game, half say the game is **** and full of glitches. what do.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 10:21am | Report

Class based system.....

Thrower, melee, gun....

Doesn't live up to the hype or anything
ReaperOne
<Member>
ReaperOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 11:13am | Report
I'm having a great time with it! i bought it for console and it's really good!
The graphics are amazing, and i mean cmon, killing hordes of zombies, never gets old :3 and you can do it as much as youd like with no hassle, its always open world ;)
I am god.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 11:43am | Report
ya they marketed this game completely different from what it is. They promised an expansive, in-depth look into what it's really like to be in a zombie apocalapyse, but what I see is borderlands with zombies
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 11:46am | Report
Yeah, if the had done open world l4d it would have been better than it is.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 11:52am | Report
naw, open world left 4 dead would not have worked. Left 4 dead is a fast paced, almost arcade style, zombie shooter. It has a carefully calculated formula that wouldn't really work in any other setting. What they needed to do was take the Amnesia approach, where you truly feel helpless and have to rely on your wits to survive until you come across enough resources to appropriately conquer the zombie apocalapyse. I think that's what they advertised the game as. From what I've seen, what they deliver is a standard skill tree RPG system where your best bet early on is to just kick the **** out of zombies instead of relying on the randomly scattered, easily breakable weapons. A game where you can chug an energy drink that just happens to be lying around every 2 minutes and not go into shock. The more I think about it, the less I want to play.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 11:58am | Report
My description must be lacking...open world l4d would be fine. In terms of mechanics and weapons as well as the number of zombie that'd be on screen at once. The open world part referring to the scope. Jeez, no one has my sense of vision.

Edit: as long as the gameplay was tweaked accordingly. It would work fine
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2011 12:08pm | Report
still not sure what you mean, the whole L4D formula is calculated around getting from point A to point B in the most efficient/safest way possible. The AI director is designed to make this exact objective as difficult as possible. How would open world wandering fit into that formula?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide