Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Dead Island

Creator: Searz August 12, 2011 7:20am
60 posts - page 5 of 6
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 9:33pm | Report
I'll be getting this for the Xbox this weekend...since my PC can't handle it ;*

so if anyone else interested in playing with me - hit me up

GT: Xiaowiriamu ^_^
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2011 4:16am | Report
Matt's description of the game kinda reminds me of the satisfaction I had when playing Demon Souls...

DI didn't sound like my kind of game (not a fan of FPS-ish games) but i'm thinking of giving it a try...

P.S: i'm alive again :D
50. Most importantly, yes, they Have Baron warded. No, I don't want to go for him at the moment.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 6:37pm | Report

Awesome :D

Mod: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25051871&postcount=948

Several other mods: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106453

People love the game enough despite its flaws to go to such lengths to mod/improve it :)

I finished the campaign solo, it gets HARD later on, but I really enjoyed it. Now trying some online co-op and loving it. It's not so great in the first area because there aren't many zombies, but the second area has zombies everywhere and is a tonne of fun with co-op.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 3:10pm | Report
I haven't had the time to play this game that much, I'm only level 6 or something like that xD

But it seems really good, despite some issues the game has. I'm just annoyed by how fast weapons are weakened lol :p
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 4:03pm | Report
That gets much better later. The starter weapons all have low durability so they break fast, you just have to pick new ones up whenever you see them and keep your inventory full of them. There is usually tonnes of paddles and sticks lying around in the beach/resort area.

As you progress, the weapons you find will be more sturdy. Also, once you upgrade a weapon its durability goes way up, and then if you mod it the durability goes up even more. If it's still a problem you can spend some points on your character's increased durability skill, but I never felt that was necessary. Just get in the habit of repairing all your upgraded weapons every time you pass by a table :)

Also, kick is your friend. A running kick will knock many enemies straight down, if not then a couple more kicks will do it. Then once they're down, if you spent some points in the right places you will have a head-stomp move that is an instant kill. If you are going to be away from any repair tables for a while, you can conserve your weapons by doing that. It's also the best way to stop those runners from hurting you, as your foot has great range and almost always knocks them back.

I've been toying with the multiplayer... It's kind of a mixed bag. When you get in a match with the right people it is awesome but, I mostly find myself getting into matches with one person that is AFK, or someone that isn't really playing the game they're just screwing around (driving the truck down stairs to kill one stray zombie, etc)... Or if you get in a game with 3 others, one of them is AFK or screwing around and you can't advance the quest line without all 4 of you at the spot, and the one dude either doesn't get it or doesn't care :( Similar problem that plagued Borderlands' online for me. At least with this you can drop in/out easily.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 4:38pm | Report
Well, I'm glad to hear that, though I'm already getting better at remembering to repair often and to use kicks to conserve my weapons. ^^
Thanks for the advice.
About the online part I agree. It's kind of annoying when some random dude joins and just stands AFK so you can't progress x)
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 7:16pm | Report
lol Matt, I was literally just about to post that video
and I finished it, a little shorter than I expected, but near the end I managed to find a random who stuck with me through all of act 4. Ending's cheesy but the game is relatively fun. I still stick by my original thoughts though. It is, in all honesty, borderlands with zombies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not particularly exciting.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 1:09am | Report
^So basically Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr.Ned?
:P

That addon was awesome.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 12:40pm | Report
lol never got far enough to play that DLC, but yes I assume so
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 5:44pm | Report
There are definitely a tonne of parallels with Borderlands. I still think it's better than Borderlands though, if shorter/buggier. However it's only shorter in how long it takes to get to the end. Content-wise I feel it's much richer, just more condensed. Borderlands extended its length artificially with ridiculously long back tracking, grinding, travel time, stuff like that.

I really, really wanted to love Borderlands, and I did love the graphics and style and music. But it was just so boring. I managed to force myself to finish the first zone in Borderlands, then got to the second zone and saw that it was almost exactly the same, threw my arms up and uninstalled :( It should have been more condensed, then I probably would have kept playing.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide