Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dota 2 free for best joke

Creator: Ninja Trigger January 5, 2013 4:38pm
83 posts - page 7 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:59am | Report
As a sociopath, I feel insulted! >:(
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:00am | Report
FireLord wrote:
no, they know very well that those things are offensive. a sociopath, like you, cannot distinguish between something being offensive or not.

I lay out 4-5 pages worth on 'what is offensive' and you tell me I cannot distinguish something being offensive or not.

Laymen logic ftw.

FireLord wrote:
they know very well what is offensive, and still say it because it's what people want to hear.

Right, Alan Sugar and Gordon Ramsey swear at all their staff because that's what they want to hear. Totally. Absolutely. Indubitably. Stupid.

FireLord wrote:
yes, people pay to see frankie boyle being offensive, but are not offended themselves.

Ah, but there are subjects who ARE offended. That's why he left Mock The Week. In addition, you can be offended by something and still laugh at it. That's why it's controversial humour. It just so happens to be more funny than it is offensive.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:06am | Report
sirell wrote:
I lay out 4-5 pages worth on 'what is offensive' and you tell me I cannot distinguish something being offensive or not.

yes. you cannot, you said so yourself. you said that "black people should die" and "i like yellow" has the same level of offensiveness. you said that, i did not.

sirell wrote:
Right, Alan Sugar and Gordon Ramsey swear at all their staff because that's what they want to hear. Totally. Absolutely. Indubitably. Stupid.

No, because it's what the audience wants to hear. if they did not think it was offensive do you think they'll say that? no.

sirell wrote:
Ah, but there are subjects who ARE offended. That's why he left Mock The Week.

yes, everyone knew fully well he was being offensive. they didn't find out it was offensive after people started complaining, no, they knew it was offensive without any feedback whatsoever from the audience. after that it's a matter of profit, is it worth keeping his offensive jokes or is it diminishing the money they could make?
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:08am | Report
And still no one apologises to me...!
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:12am | Report

And still no one apologises to me...!

i'm sorry

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:16am | Report
FireLord wrote:
yes. you cannot, you said so yourself. you said that "black people should die" and "i like yellow" has the same level of offensiveness. you said that, i did not.

Actually, I said both have the capacity to offend or not. You are attempting to impose your subjective opinion of what is offensive or not and hence, you judge me to by sociopath because I do not agree with your distinction of offensiveness. This is just bias and not logic. It is not difficult to discern when someone has been offended and hence when someone else is being offensive.

FireLord wrote:
No, because it's what the audience wants to hear. if they did not think it was offensive do you think they'll say that? no.

Yeah. You're stupid.

FireLord wrote:
yes, everyone knew fully well he was being offensive. they didn't find out it was offensive after people started complaining, no, they knew it was offensive without any feedback whatsoever from the audience. after that it's a matter of profit, is it worth keeping his offensive jokes or is it diminishing the money they could make?

After 4-5 pages, you still don't understand the concept, so I'll refrain from explaining it this time onwards.

Incidentally, I don't find Frankie Boyle's jokes offensive at all. He's controversial, but I find his jokes funny rather than offensive.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:19am | Report
FireLord wrote:

i'm sorry

There you go. Apology accepted.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:22am | Report
grandmasterD, i ahve 2 questions. which of the statements is more offensive, "all black people should die" or "i like yellow"?

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:31am | Report
But again, that is just asking his opinion and not stating a fact of matters other than what he considers to be more offensive.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:31am | Report
FireLord wrote:

grandmasterD, i ahve 2 questions. which of the statements is more offensive, "all black people should die" or "i like yellow"?

To me? Neither is offensive. Public opinion would probably say the first one.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide