Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dota 2 free for best joke

Creator: Ninja Trigger January 5, 2013 4:38pm
83 posts - page 8 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:47am | Report
sirell wrote:
But again, that is just asking his opinion and not stating a fact of matters other than what he considers to be more offensive.

no, because what is considered offensive and not belongs to the domain of common sense, not exact sciences. one thing is to know how many people are offended by a statement, another is to know whether the statement is offensive or not. example:

there's one person who finds the colour yellow offensive, there's one person that has a green skin colour
"i like yellow" is not offensive
"green people should die" is offensive
they offend the exact same number of people, 1, but one is offensive and one isn't. how does someone know this? common sense, in a proper household we are taught that demeaning someone for their physical trait is not correct. however, if someone is offended because of something you like then that's their problem.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:52am | Report
FireLord wrote:

no, because what is considered offensive and not belongs to the domain of common sense, not exact sciences. one thing is to know how many people are offended by a statement, another is to know whether the statement is offensive or not. example:

there's one person who finds the colour yellow offensive, there's one person that has a green skin colour
"i like yellow" is not offensive
"green people should die" is offensive
they offend the exact same number of people, 1, but one is offensive and one isn't. how does someone know this? common sense, in a proper household we are taught that demeaning someone for their physical trait is not correct. however, if someone is offended because of something you like then that's their problem.

I cannot regard either as offensive.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:53am | Report
I have a more pressing essay to write.

I would say that it's nice discussing with you, but you're seriously not on my level no matter how far I dumb it down. Such a kind of discussion is... boring when the opposing party doesn't understand basic rational formulations and nor can he make his own.

Perhaps if I recommend some reads to you, or topics for you to study, maybe you'll understand the reasoning.

Anyway, bye.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 9:41am | Report
I saw this as I was logging out and felt I had to reply.

Firstly, the other topic has nothing to do with this topic. You are extremely unclear in your writings, so it is no surprise if people would misinterpret you. Also, that topic is an argument primarily on opinions. Hence, no logical deductions are necessary there. In addition, you agree with me there also, so whereon did I 'lose the argument' as you seem to imply?

In this topic, however, the formulation I put forward is actually infallible, given the premises.

On the other hand, you consistently use bias as your reasoning, you ask other people, but even they agree with my premises (and probably my conclusions too).

You make sweeping generalizations and so many unfounded assumptions (many of which I point out, but you don't ever admit to) and more importantly, you take for granted that these generalizations and assumptions are true, but don't ever provide sufficient reasoning or evidence to show it is the case.

Look, I'll even point another out to you right now!

FireLord wrote:
If you're majoring in philosophy you shouldn't be making such mistakes.

Whereon does it necessarily state that if I major philosophy (we don't actually have majors in UK, btw), then I shouldn't make such mistakes? You do not impose what ought to be based on what is. This is the ought/is gap. You make these constant jumps between what is and what ought to be and take for granted that they are true, where this is not necessarily the case.

Of course, I bet you don't even understand this gap... If you are unable to understand things like these, then it is you who is not on my level.

You even wrote something like this:

FireLord wrote:
looooool
my advice is: stick to philosophy, don't ever try anythign related to sciences or economics.

This shows that you don't have a clue what philosophy is, so you are in no position whatsoever to talk about what I should or should not be doing in philosophy.

Anyway, essay. It's been real. Ciao.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 10:09am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

This is false :P

Something doesn't need to offend me in order to be offensive :p

I don't care if some random guy makes hate comments about pinguins or so.
But if someone finds that offensive, it is an offensive comment, but not towards me.

:D

Let's just stop this discussion and let me win the argument :D

Honestly, you don't seem to grasp proper formulation or logical analysis. You should not partake in discussions like this unless you do.

To simplify it further: you don't understand, stop trying to discuss.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 1:39pm | Report
well i think what meiyjhe is trying to say is soomething like this

so im not gay but if someone says "ALL GAYS SHOULD BURN IN HELL" i find that as an offensive statement but me not being gay wont find that offensive personally

like you can think something is offensive but not take offense to it

sorta like how some people find offensive humor to be funny BECAUSE its offensive but they laugh at it and arnt offended by it so you know something is offensive but you arnt offended by it
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 1:54pm | Report
Dillbutt64 understands what I am saying, for that I thank you.

And I won the Dota2 game, and got it from Ninja Trigger, so I thank him aswell :D

+rep for both of you :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 2:01pm | Report
yeah, i agree with dillbutt. i know there are many things that are offensive so im no gonna go around saing them, but i'm not personaly offended by those things
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 4:01pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Dillbutt64 understands what I am saying, for that I thank you.

I understand what you're saying (DOZ DAT MEEN I GET REPZ TUU?), but it doesn't make any darn sense..

You'd do good to actually understand the topic you're discussing..

Simplified: Understand topic, THEN discuss.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 12:41am | Report
Well, then maybe we both thought the topic was about something else :P
That there was a discussion about something while we all were talking about something else.

It could be, that we thought that it was about what really an offensive comment meant, and that you were talking about what offensive really is.

It was all a bit vague (that is also why it is kind of fun to do :D), but I believe the discussion is over anywayz.

PS: the reason I repped Dillbutt64, is because he defended me and he didn't have to, which I respect. That is what +rep is meant for, no? :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide