Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 549 of 728
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 4:05am | Report
Strict drinking laws are stupid. Just make it a mandatory part of education and teach young people what it actually implies; what alcohol actually is and what it will do to your body.
Heck, I'd even be for the students being able to try some small amounts of alcoholic beverages in the classroom to help with the education, because introducing drinking in a controlled environment is far, far better than kids going off to party with their friends and drinking 24beers each.

I've been drinking far less since I came to the realization that alcohol is poison. I mean, I've always known it was bad for me, but I've just never bothered to think about the implications.
I've also been dealing with drunkenness far better since I learned what alcohol does to your brain.

The best two tips to avoid headaches/hangovers:
Drink lots of water before drinking alcohol.
Drink some water in between alcoholic drinks.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 4:17am | Report
Tip against headaches/hangovers:
Juice.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 4:24am | Report

Tip against headaches/hangovers:
Juice.

Juice is just good in general for your brain. I don't think it has any special properties that deal with the alcohol.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 4:38am | Report
Searz wrote:

Juice is just good in general for your brain. I don't think it has any special properties that deal with the alcohol.

No but it refills on vitamins which helps you recover and obviously the fact that it hydrates well
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 4:55am | Report
Water ....... ya know that's what the fish pee in do you?

Common response one gets around here when mentioning drinking water. Mostly from adults.

As for teens. Never underestimate peer pressure.
Most of the stupid stuff I've done was due to peer pressure. The only thing I really wanted to do and would've done regardless of peer pressure was N2O. One of the best trips I've ever had.
Not one I'd do again, but still. :D

Drinking alcohol at young age is about proving yourself to your peers.
I constantly see this among the youth. Ones boasting about the amount, about how fast they were drunk, how long they were drunk, their epic hangovers, their blackout and for others the proud fact that they never have any blackouts.

There's not much difference in the different social 'ladders'/groups.
One boasts about the amount of beer.
The other about the type of beer.
Another about stronger drinks cause beer is for *******.
Another about the finer strong drinks for the more mature and educated enthousiast.
Yet another about the different wines he consumed, discussing the taste, flavour, aftertaste, the combination with food. And how many bottles (s)he cleared.

As someone that doesn't drink, you're almost a social outcast when you aren't able/willing to take part of the discussion on alcoholic beverages.
It might just be me being unlucky with the peeps I hang out with, but if it ranges from unemployed scubs aiming for the next Darwin award, up to the ranges of VP (vice president) of a large mailing company, one tends to think it's a good representation of society as a whole.

One can preach all he wants about the negative effects of alcohol, but young peeps couldn't care any less. We are an experience based species. We need to experience something before we formulate an opinion about it. This necessity for experience does diminish as we grow older, mostly because of the mass of other experience gained, but at the young age of 18, one isn't mature enough and thinks drinking is da bomb. And anyone who refuses to take part is a pansy/wuss/wanker/*****.

Alcohol isn't just socially acceptable, it's a fundamental part of society. Excepting the regions where it's replaced by customs/traditions of female oppression. But that's another discussion.

EDIT: If water can't hydrate, how can you think juice can.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 5:07am | Report
Searz wrote:

Strict drinking laws are stupid.

I should also note that I live in a country that has such laws. Legal drinking age is 20 and we have a very strict government monopoly on alcohol here in Sweden. The only stores that can sell beverages with more than 3.5% alcohol is Systembolaget, which is owned directly by the government.
Nobody cares about the law. They just buy from dealers.
I've been drinking since 15.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 5:08am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:
Water ....... ya know that's what the fish pee in do you?

Common response one gets around here when mentioning drinking water. Mostly from adults.

Tbh when I tell people that I don't drink alcohol and pretty much drink water, tea and coffee instead, women are all like:
"Wow thats so healthy of you", "Wow ur so smart", "Wow u set such a good example"

And men are like:
"How the hell are you still alive?"

:3
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 5:15am | Report
You look em dead in the eyes and tell em dryly: Lots and lots of masturbation.
See how they react. :D
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 5:30am | Report
Hearing about other countries' drinking laws always make me glad to be a dane.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2013 5:32am | Report
Quoted:

Hearing about other countries' drinking laws always make me glad to be a dane.

You're silly to think that we actually obey them.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide