Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 71 of 728
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 4:14pm | Report
@Duff I personally find that throwing other kicks at a person's head works better...

Though I should point out how bad I am at that sort of thing.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 4:49pm | Report
Throwing a good roundhouse kick to the head takes years of training and practice to become good at so, it's easy to understand why :)

I personally don't have a good head kick with any leg/kick, so I just don't do it :P

I can do forward kick/push kicks to the face though. That one hurts like hell and it's hard to see coming xD
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 4:52pm | Report
The only reason I am even vaguely decent at them is because I am flexible. And that doesn't really make up for lack of skill.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 5:07pm | Report
I'm fairly flexible. When I was training daily I would throw and land headkicks but not with much power. I still wouldn't have even tried in a real fight.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 5:35pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Throwing a good roundhouse kick to the head takes years of training and practice to become good at so, it's easy to understand why :)

I personally don't have a good head kick with any leg/kick, so I just don't do it :P

I can do forward kick/push kicks to the face though. That one hurts like hell and it's hard to see coming xD

I find it easy to do a roundhouse kick to the head with the back of my heel (which isn't the best way but still works).

Mind you i'm all about knees (why kick someone when a knee hurts 1000x more and is less dangerous to yourself?) so I rarely kick.

Either a) get them into a hold or b) kill/maim them as quickly as possible

:D

was gonna try and find a video, but honestly can't find **** on Youtube...

mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:46am | Report
^^ It was a roundhouse to the head. gj duff.

And they're only lower if you haven't practices to hit strong. So, yes, it was a roundhouse. Nice4 spot there.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 5:06am | Report
And to the rest of the replies, i'm the sparring champion of the 2 states i live in/nearby, so I've done a lot of roundhouse kicks to the head FTW. and yes, it takes a while. Being 15, being able to drop into splits, and working constantly for over 2 years now helps. And the power in a roundhouse, Duff, comes from kicking low as well as high. The fact that my instructor has 7 different Japanese black belts, including a 6th in Okinawan Karate, may help with my training. And yes, Nighthawk, i can kill with a roundhouse to the head. right behind your ear... easy knock-out spot. And my preceding hook kick gets your hand down first, and if you're KO'd, you're dead. (random kid behind me in Multimedia says to put potato here). If i was really fighting to kill, though, odds are it'd start with a front kick between the legs. life and death, all goes. Normally, though, i'm a bit nicer. and to other people-it's Okinawan Karate. style may be different than what you've learned.

Glad to see people care...
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 5:34am | Report
Quoted:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Planking: You are doing it right!
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 9:45am | Report
Yeah, I was pretty confident it was a karate style roundhouse. :P

I watch wayyyyyyy too many fights over the course of a year, and have trained too many martial arts, lol.

I've never thrown a roundhouse the way that Karate fighters throw it. They come flying in in from a range Muay Thai fighters don't generally attack from. Sometimes 2-3 times farther away than what I'm used to. It's not easy to adjust to.

I've got a buddy who trains Shotokan Karate and he's not easy to spar against, so because of that, I appreciate the arts like Karate, even if I don't always understand why they do things the way they do them >:P

If you threw a kick like that in a Muay Thai gym you'd be reprimanded, but that doesn't mean it's not an effective kick, it's just not a Muay Thai kick (Obviously)

And yeah, kicks to the back of the head that come from the front are hard to block from a Muay Thai stance. I think the most realistic option would be to move in closer to you and counter attack. (Of course there will be counters that you have to that, every good martial art has counters to the counters to the etc...)
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 11:42am | Report
Very true. So, duff, have you posted a pic of you yet?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide