Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

FIFA World Cup Football 2014 Discussion Thread

Creator: Khazem June 12, 2014 7:01am
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 5:01am | Report
Vaan99 wrote:

I don't know what to say about opening game, Brazil vs Croatia. After the game I've felt like we've been robbed by referee, he made so many incorrect desicions which affected outcome of game.

When Neymar intentionally elbowed Modrić into face (it can be clearly seen from video that it was intentional, he was looking at Modrić, not on ball and hit him with his hand.

After 1:1 he gave Brazil penal on non existing foul.

This website summaried whole game nicely: Your text to link here...

To be honest, you can't only blame the referee : he did a mistake, sure, but he was fooled by the players.
On a side-note, it seems like some of the high placed people in the football world, like Michel PLatini (UEFA actual president) don't want to use the video to help referees. It seems so hard to be one of those guys that get blamed for whatever they're doing...

And the 3rd goal wasn't stolen by referees. Even though one could argue that the 2nd stolen goal hurted Croatia's players moral, etc...

This is why I hate football : players are actors. The team with the most convincing ones wins.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 5:35am | Report

To be honest, you can't only blame the referee : he did a mistake, sure, but he was fooled by the players.
On a side-note, it seems like some of the high placed people in the football world, like Michel PLatini (UEFA actual president) don't want to use the video to help referees. It seems so hard to be one of those guys that get blamed for whatever they're doing...

And the 3rd goal wasn't stolen by referees. Even though one could argue that the 2nd stolen goal hurted Croatia's players moral, etc...

This is why I hate football : players are actors. The team with the most convincing ones wins.

Sure thing, it isn't referee's fault only, Croatian defense played very bad, many of our star players underperformed and made questionable plays, our ball possesion was low...

If you watch 3rd goal again, from center of the field, you can see that brazilian player made foul on croatian player from back, while mr. nishimura watched everything happen and let action resume.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 5:41am | Report
When the only score on your team comes through an own goal, you have to wonder how close the game would actually have been. Also the fouls against Croatia seemed to come every couple of minutes.

Basically MOBAFire.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 5:43am | Report
To explain my opinion on this game further: I don't think those decisions singlehandledly decided the outcome of the game, but they sure did help Brazil more than Croatia.
I think that Croatia would still lose that game, after 1:1, Brazil would definitely score another goal in 2nd half.
Game left bitter taste behind.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 5:50am | Report
DEUTSCHLAND.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 6:15am | Report
From the standpoint of a neutral football fan, I have to say that Croatia lived up to my expectations whereas Brazil didn't.

Croatia performed really well defensively early on as her zone pressure let very few space for Brazilians to perform their own things. I also really liked how they ran the fastbreak(counter attack) with Olic. When Mandzukic is back I hope that Croatia will do much better.

On the other hand Brazilians failed to respond to Croatia's defensive formation in the first half and if it hadn't been for Neymar's personal show in the first goal it would be a completely different match. Amazing performance by Oscar and Luiz Gustavo, even though they will never get as much as credit as Neymar.

As long as coaching the team is concerned, I believe that Kovac was just better than Scolari but in the end the player's talent was the key factor. Referee also has some part of the responsibility for the outcome.
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 7:56am | Report
Vaan99 wrote:

Game left bitter taste behind.

I completely understand. Everyone that was watching should have felt bad.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 8:03am | Report
koksei wrote:

DEUTSCHLAND.

Oh god, they won't have a great chance I guess - I will decide on that after their first performance on Monday.
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 8:05am | Report

why no germany?
also get that ****** ballotelli off my screen

I can clearly see Germany ...
Thanks to Ubnoxius for this sig!
xIchi
<Member>