Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gaming mice (me love you long time for quick...

Creator: Searz February 27, 2012 9:29am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 12:52pm | Report
After trying the G500 some more I've learned how to grip it better. You're not supposed to grip it by the sides like the MX518. You're supposed to grip it with all your fingers. Using your pointing-finger(?) and the middle finger to grip just outside of the mouse buttons. Kinda nice, but weird. Not quite optimal.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 1:05pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

You WANT big hands to play piano. I have small hands DESIGNED to play piano.

touche.
Tri lane for life.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2012 10:36am | Report
Searz wrote:
No, they don't. They're both just slightly too small and -most notably- the back area of the mouse is not high enough. It doesn't really go into your palm.

The Xai is smaller than the G5/MX518/G400. I don't see how it can be better in that regard..

Now that you mention it I can also notice that my palm doesn't fully rest on it.
However, it does fully rest on the xai. You see, that has nothing to do with the size, it's a matter of shape.
The G5 is oval, the xai is not. the oval shape does not fit my hand that well, but xai's shape which is more like a rounded triangle fits the hand better. The height of the xai makes your hand rest a bit lower, closer to the mousepad, but I don't think that has any negative impact whatsoever. What the size does change is it's weight. I find the G5 really heavy, and they even want me to use more weights for some reason. the xai is really light though, so you barely have to use any strength.

But why don't you just try the mice and choose which one to buy? At least here in Portugal I have 15 days to return the product so I can test the several mice and decide which one I like the best.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 5:00pm | Report
For now I've settled with a G400. It's pretty much just like MX518, just has a better texture and a better sensor.

I tried the Xai. It was decent, but I didn't really like it.

I still want to try Razer Imperator, but I've yet to find a place that I can try it.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Raptoraft
<Member>
Raptoraft's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2012 9:29pm | Report
IMO Good mouse:

- Feels comfortable

- Durable

- Easy to click (Fingers can get tired after a while, if too hard to click IMO)

- Lots of utility. e.g. Buttons, and macro

- Matte finish, don't know why just a personal preference.

I use a Razer Naga. Highly recommend it.

~~Raptoraft
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2012 10:40pm | Report
Searz wrote:

For now I've settled with a G400. It's pretty much just like MX518, just has a better texture and a better sensor.

I had the opposite result, I went G500 over the G400. Not sure what you meant about gripping it, I just hold it with my ring and pinky finger on right side, and my thumb on the left side leaving my pointer and middle fingers free to control the left and right mouse button.

Things I find useful in a real gaming mouse:
Comfortable for long gaming sessions.
Programmable buttons, especially useful for VoIP with push to talk
Ability to change sensitivity on the fly
Can weight it for preferred mouse weight
Depending on the company you buy from you can rely on support for any problems
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 2:14am | Report
My problem with the G500 was the extremely slippy texture on the sides. You can't lift the mouse quickly and percisely when you can't get a good grip on the sides of the mouse.
I'm a low sensitivity player, so I need to lift my mouse pretty often. High sensitivity players might not have that problem.

Aside from that the G500 is a really good mouse. And as I said before; I LOVE that scroll wheel.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 4:48pm | Report
Found a cool mouse.

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=649419

Don't think it'll fit me though..
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 9:30pm | Report
Can't stand those frickin' side buttons.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2012 5:46am | Report
If all those are buttons then I wouldn't either. They could be cushions though, couldn't they?

Edit: actually, they're probably buttons, but there's this plate in the middle that I don't think is a button. It could actually be comfy. Probably not tho.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide