Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Got any Roleplayers?

Creator: EvilNinja145 July 25, 2012 6:24pm
104 posts - page 9 of 11
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 6:04pm | Report
I agree, and role playing isn't in any way a part of my life. Just a simple hobby.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 6:05pm | Report
Or if you get really good at it, it can be turned into a career as a movie actor/stage performer. :V
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 6:35pm | Report
:P Then it would be a job.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 4:12am | Report
Wow, ****.. So much text zzzzz
I was gonna read it, but what the heck people? Stop writing essays >.>

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 5:03am | Report
@Mowen
If you want to define mature as you did before then it's fine by me, and you would be correct in saying that good roleplay is mature. However, it wouldn't mean anything. Pretty much the worst things ever done by and to mankind were mature decisions, for example, and as decision they were indeed mature, each plan had been fully worked out. However, as actions they were not mature at all. The same thing happens with the stealing candy from children scenario, a mature decision does not equal a mature action, and it's the action we're discussing.

Every escape from reality is immature, but most of the things you mentioned aren't escapes from reality at all. Why would you consider a video game an escape from reality while a game of basketball isn't? There's a big difference between roleplaying and playing video games or reading a book. While roleplaying you stop thinking as yourself but as an imaginary character.

For example, in WoW there were people who played normally and people who roleplayed. For normal players the characters we use are just tools, like a ball is used to play basketball our characters were used to play the game. It's us playing, not an imaginary character but my real self. However, if you were roleplaying then it wouldn't be you anymore. Your character isn't simply a tool but an actual imaginary being you're pretending to be. And the key word here is pretending. That's the big difference, while roleplaying you're pretending to be something you're not, while playing basketball, MW3 or watching game of thrones you never pretend to be something imaginary.

Regarding duff, if you read what he previously said you'll clearly see that his argument was not the same as yours. This is not a case where you explain his point of view in a better way, which would be acceptable. No, your point of view was completely different from his, and the fact that he chooses to ditch his argument so easily only to hide behind yours shows that he doesn't believe the point he was defending to begin with.

@Toshabi
Although sometimes I do play the devil's advocate, this is not the case. I rarely go through such troubles just to defend an opinion that isn't my own. And please don't compare me with politicians, that's just degrading.

@Dufftime
Just because you lack the ability or the understanding of a subject to at least make an educated guess don't just assume I do the same. It's not that I know everything, it's that I already researched whether or not my opinion is wrong and usually change it before I comment.
From your comments I can easily see that you still haven't understood what I said. So don't blame it on me if you're not able to grasp other people's arguments, it's your fault for not trying to understand it in the first place.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 7:14am | Report
*Sigh*

Maturity is a word that only cause more ****ing anger and pride.

Roleplaying is immature yes, everything ****ing is if we're going to use this ****ing word.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 8:32pm | Report
So I casually glanced back here thinking the argument had ended, being obviously corrected now. Seriously people, I thought this would've finished when me and Canoas stopped.

Canoas wrote:

@Dufftime
Just because you lack the ability or the understanding of a subject to at least make an educated guess don't just assume I do the same. It's not that I know everything, it's that I already researched whether or not my opinion is wrong and usually change it before I comment.
From your comments I can easily see that you still haven't understood what I said. So don't blame it on me if you're not able to grasp other people's arguments, it's your fault for not trying to understand it in the first place.

you used wikipedia. No, sorry, the part of wikipedia that supported your argument.

Do not belittle others when you're no better, it shows your arrogance.

Last of all, all opinions are wrong for the simple matter that they are opinions. not fact. You cannot make an opinion fact, for it is your thoughts on the subject at hand. Do not press it onto other people as fact, for that is a sign of arrogance as well.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 8:39pm | Report
He's just not worth talking to to be quite honest. I think everyone should pretend he doesn't exist.

Or better yet just ban him :)
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 1:11am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

He's just not worth talking to to be quite honest. I think everyone should pretend he doesn't exist.

Or better yet just ban him :)

Naw that's not nice. He's a member of the
Mobafire community just as much as you are ^^.
If he continously does things which are deemed to
be against the rules, he'll surely get banned at some
point I imagine. But until then, I guess you'll just have
to be the one who ignore him, if that's what you wish to do :).

I think this thread needs to be locked too, if it continues to be a
source of anger/annoyance/frustration etc. On the topic of roleplaying however^^
I've never tried it for real myself, but I'd like to. I've only ever seen it in movies ^^.
There's this one movie where lot of people were roleplaying and one guy got punched for real.
Hahahahaha.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 2:56am | Report
@Shiftycake
No, I used the definition that made sense. Mature has several definitions because it has several meanings. It can mean something is fully developed, like a person or a fruit; it can mean a thought is fully worked out, like a plan to steal candy; or it can mean that an action/decision resembles that of an adult. You can go get all the other definitions like you did, but they still won't make any sense because that's not what this discussion is about.

@Dufftime
Hahaha. Not worth talking to? Why? Because I can actually think before I write instead of just writing ********? Tale a look at Mowen's definition for mature, that's the difference between my comments and yours.

Either way, I won't be banned any time soon. I usually report the topics way before they get locked. Most topics get locked while I'm not even here so, maybe you should try looking for another scapegoat.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide