Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Got any Roleplayers?

Creator: EvilNinja145 July 25, 2012 6:24pm
104 posts - page 6 of 11
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 11:28am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I think it's not about being aggressive. It's about a guy coming along and pooping all over your hobby, another guy coming in and making points, and when the argument goes down you smile and nod, "Yeap, you're both right. I agree completely with everybody."

EVERYONE IS RIGHT, NOBODY IS WRONG \^_^/
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 12:26pm | Report

This sounds so glorious. I can put on some white pelt and be Volibear. LET'S FLING PEOPLE TOGETHER. YES, THIS IS A PROPOSAL.

WE MUST TOTALLY DO THIS.
You should tape Tasers on your hands and go all " Stormbringer, *****ez!!!".

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 12:53pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

And so a new religion was started.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 2:25pm | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

I coud go into a huge argument with you to explain teh various reasons why role-playing is considered mature. But I will not, instead:

Role Playing: to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), especially in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction

Role Playing can be both mature, and immature depending on what you are going for. To define role playing itself as immature, marks out your stubbornest and one-sided view of the world. There are plenty of mature communities who role play and there are plenty who do not. In fact, I used to be in one such mature community. You see, role playing is just like games. It is a way to become someone or something else for a period of time so as to escape the mind-numbing world we live in. You play games do you not, do you consider games to be immature? For if you do, you would be defining yourself as such.

You could go into a huge argument, but it would be a huge waste of time for you as you would be wrong. The very definition you gave proves me right, that is a childish thing to do. All role-playing is is a method to escape reality, and that is not mature at all. Pretending to be something you're not, like a super-hero or a knight in another world, is childish. I'm not saying you don't require a reasonable amount of intelligence to do it properly or that a grown man can't have fun role playing, I'm saying that it's childish and that, unlike most people think, is not necessarily a bad quality.

Here's what maturity is:
"Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate how a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner."
Here's what roleplaying is:
to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), especially in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction

They're pretty much opposites. A mature person is expected to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner, escaping to an imaginary world does not in any way fit into that definition.

ShiftyCake wrote:

I am not going to bother continuing, I just hate people who proclaim things such as this. "Maturity" is based on what society believes to be respectable, slapping a mature or not mature mark on something just deems you as someone who has yet to understand such things.

No, maturity has nothing to do with respect. It seems you're talking about concepts you have yet to grasp, and that explains your aggressive stance. There are plenty of mature things that deserve no respect whatsoever and plenty of childish things that do. Taking it in the ***, for example, is not childish at all but that really wouldn't affect any respect for that particular person (I'm trying not ot exclude the gay community here).
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 4:11pm | Report
Yougan wrote:

And so a new religion was started.

Agnosticism?
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 4:38pm | Report
BluAnimal wrote:

Agnosticism?

Hell ****ing no. :D

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 4:44pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

You're right.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 4:59pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

No, maturity has nothing to do with respect. It seems you're talking about concepts you have yet to grasp, and that explains your aggressive stance. There are plenty of mature things that deserve no respect whatsoever and plenty of childish things that do. Taking it in the ***, for example, is not childish at all but that really wouldn't affect any respect for that particular person (I'm trying not ot exclude the gay community here).

Respect: esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability

Respectable: Of or appropriate to good or proper behavior or conventional conduct

Never in my argument did I say respect, a word totally different from respectable and having totally different crossroad and uses. My stance before wasn't aggressive, it was annoyed just fyi. Now then,

"Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate how a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner."

Wikipedia.

Maturity is just a longer version of mature, that can be defined through different words. "John is showing his maturity" or "Jophn has become mature". They both have the same meanings.

Mature: Suitable or intended for adults

When we talk about Adults, we're talking about society and the direction of ****-sapiens cause really; children don't hold any power. Now then, let me use wikipedia as well to further the quote on it.

"Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate how a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive"

Learned. Key word their, and its learned. Now tell me, who would they learn it off? the adults of course and what would the adults want you to learn is mature? Well, that'd be what they consider respectable.

"Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act appropriately, according to the situation and the culture of the society one lives in"

Again, further support. It's basically saying what I said before, that it is the society we live in that deems what maturity is.

Now to the other part, I'm not going to argue with that. It is true that role-playing is perceived as childish to some and mature to others, so your opinion is your opinion and I'll leave it be at that.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
EvilNinja145
<Member>
EvilNinja145's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 7:43pm | Report
I try not to be aggressive to people, I like what I do but I don't need to scream at people if they have a different opinion.

ShiftyCake, I respect that you're defending yourself and what you believe but against someone like Conoas it's an unwinable fight. I do respect that you are ending your argument here and don't counter again, as all this fighting defeats the purpose of this thread. Normally it should just start out with two people with different opinions exposing why they think something is right and end it as that.

As for the league roleplays if you gots actually went for it that would be be so awesome.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 5:18am | Report
@ShiftyCake
You're quoting the definitions and then trying to interpret them in a different way in order to support your argument. Sorry, but that doesn't stick with me. The definitions are very very clear.
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide